Walt Disney World Haunted Mansion

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by FredZ KSAC, Jun 22, 2005.

1. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Hi all, The pictures just posted to my gallery are of a half size version of the Haunted Mansion by Haunted Dimensions. Due to a lack of space, I printed two pages to each 8.5 x 11.0 sheet. The model came out about 7" x 7" x 6.5"high. The only item I could not cut out in this size were the N,E,S,W, letters for the weather vane - just TOO SMALL! Neat kit and fun to build.
    Enjoy
  2. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

looks great. I'm building it full size, but I wish I had the presence of mind to do it halfsize.

As far as the weathervane is concerned, go to the craft store, they should have some small letters in plastic to use, in the doll house section you can probably find an entire weathervane.
  3. SteveM

SteveM Member

Just a quibble, but 2 pages per sheet is closer to 70%. 4 pages per sheet would be 50%. :D

SteveM
  4. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

Just Quibbiling back, but wouldn't 4 pages per sheet be 25%? :wink:
  5. SteveM

SteveM Member

No, to scale an object by 50% you would scale all its linear dimensions by 50%. When unfolded, scale x dimension by 50% and y dimension by 50%, thus 4 pages per sheet.

SteveM

P.S. But yes, it would have 25% of the surface area, and 12.5% of the volume of the original.
  6. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Ya know, my original statement about 'half size' was a SWAG [scientific Wild A**ed guess] I printed it this way because I do not have room for the full size model [12.25 x 12.72 x 10.00 high] and what I ended up with [7" x 7" x 6.5"high] is about 70%. It was a fun build and fits where I wanted it.
    Later,
  7. SteveM

SteveM Member

Fred, that's what I understood and why I said it was "just a quibble" and added a smiley. Scaling is such a frequent topic here just thought I'd throw that in. No offense intended. :D

SteveM
  8. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

No offense taken - I just will never speak to you again!! :wink: I wasn't trying to get an accurate scale, I just needed to make it smaller. Now, if I could just find that wall spreader.............
    Later,