WAK schellboot type s-100(1/100)

NULLMOON

im not starting this yet but i thoght would find out a few things before i even think of doing it

all those little dodads that need to be made of wire how are they made? this would prove useful info for some of my armour models too.

is there a photo ectced set for this kit ? ive seen sets made for other ship kits ive never used photo etched parts before on a kit its the use of all these little metal parts that puts me off building ships but i would like to give this one a go.

Attachments

• DSC00782.jpg
    DSC00782.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00781.JPG
    DSC00781.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 14

Amazyah

You just need to find wire that matches the dimensions given and bend it to match the templates provided.
You can find wire at hobby stores, floral stores and various other stores that have a hobby area.

As far as etched kits go or laser parts, you may try Moduni.com for your area but since this is a fairly new model you may have to wait a little while for development.

Russell

J

Jim Nunn

Nullmoon,

This model is on my wish list I’m just waiting for one of the US suppliers to make it available (hint, Hint, HINT).

I make the parts out of brass wire available at your local hobby shop. Regular electronic solid wire may be an even better choice more about that later. To assemble the parts I solder them. After I cut and bend the wire I laminate the templates to .5 mm card stock and then cut the outline of the parts. When finished the wire should fit snugly in the cutouts. Then I laminate this to 1 mm card stock. When you are done you have a perfect holder for the various parts. When ready to solder the parts dip the paper in water (quickly) put the parts in the cutouts and solder.

Soldering is easy to do just remember
1) the joints to be soldered have to be clean and roughed up with fine sand paper.
2) Heat the parts making sure that both of the parts are heated.
3) When heated apply the solder to the part not the soldering iron tip.
4) Let the solder “Flow” over both parts.
When done correctly the solder will have a high gloss finish. Things get harder when you have two joints close together, you heat one and the other gets hot and may come apart. To over come this you can attach a clamping tweezers between the two joints to separate the heat zones. As for the Soldering Iron Home Depot, Radio shack and even craft stores will have small 30 watt soldering kits complete with solder for $10 to $15. Using a simple light dimmer to control the Soldering Iron will be helpful to control the Temperature of the Iron.

When finished file off the excess solder and wash the part with soap to get the grease off of the part. Lightly sand the part and paint with primer. Then paint to match the model. Brass is difficult to paint so you should use a primer for brass, your Model Railroad Hobby Shop will have the correct primer. This is where I think solid hook-up wire could be better then brass the wire should be easer to paint.

Jim Nunn

dansls1

For simple wire templates you can use superglue / cyanoacrylate glue - but some of those seem far from simple, so I'd probably agree with Jim. As stated, a soldering iron is pretty cheap at radio shack or the like.

NULLMOON

:thumb: thats great jim thanks just what i needed:thumb:
i dont need to just create parts for this boat i need to create much larger "joined wire structures" for two drasine models too
i have a soldering iron its a bulky industrial one but should do ok.... for the very weeny bits(XXVI on the photo) i may try dansls1,s idea and try and glue them together

the model came from model-hobby.pl it was very cheap as i recall