Wagner Mill Lumber Stacker

SDowning

May 20, 2007
First posting to this site, I wanted to show my latest project of a Lumber Stacker. I scratchbuilt this Lumber Stacker in 1/48 using a picture from the steaminthewoods Website of one at the Wagner Mill in 1932. Feel free to comment. Thanks for looking. Sean

Attachments

• Crane-Car-Side-2.jpg
    Crane-Car-Side-2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 28

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
Wow, and wow again Sean :)

I suppose that it's not your first project that you now share with us?
Perhaps you have more pictures? *Hope*
Do you have any idea how many hours it took to make it?
For me eternity wouldn't be enough :mrgreen:

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
WOW,i couldnt imaine building soething that intricate!great detail man :thumb: make sure to keep bringing us those pics! :D --josh

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Hi, Sean, and welcome to the Gauge. :wave: Beautifully done job!:thumb: :thumb: Was everything scratchbuilt, or did you use some commercially available parts? I like that light rail, too: anything heavier would've detracted from the scene.
I have to confess, when I saw the title to your thread, I thought it was in reference to this:
210620061251.jpg

Wayne

SDowning

May 20, 2007
Thanks

Thanks for your comments guys, glad you liked it. It took me about two months to complete as I had to redo the A-frame part a couple of times (I was never good at Geometry). The only comercial parts used were the pulleys and engine, the rest was from styrene. I will try to post some detail shots of it soon. Thanks again for the comments. Sean