Vote for the life of a thread

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by alfadoc, Apr 14, 2007.

1. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

The thread I posted about my dog's first model seems to have ruffled some feathers. Take a look, see what you think, and vote. If the polling warrants it, I'd like management to delete the thread.
  2. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

The thread I posted about my dog's first model seems to have ruffled some feathers. Take a look, see what you think, and vote. If the polling warrants it, I'd like management to delete the thread.
  3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

It was me that said the comments could cause trouble. It was a good idea to show destroyed models, it was the comment that could cause upset. You should be able to edit that part.

You should have put a choice '' not sure''. But I would say let the thread go on.
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

It was me that said the comments could cause trouble. It was a good idea to show destroyed models, it was the comment that could cause upset. You should be able to edit that part.

You should have put a choice '' not sure''. But I would say let the thread go on.
  5. Alcides

Alcides Member

Sorry, but I think this kind of pull are for problems. See what happened with the post by the woodengraver. The discussion gest personal and we end with problems between members.

Sometimes all us put some post we later regret, I myself regret some post about buy models, but if you think you do a mistake ask the administrator to delete de post and that's all.

This is just my opinion.

Regards
    Alcides
  6. Alcides

Alcides Member

Sorry, but I think this kind of pull are for problems. See what happened with the post by the woodengraver. The discussion gest personal and we end with problems between members.

Sometimes all us put some post we later regret, I myself regret some post about buy models, but if you think you do a mistake ask the administrator to delete de post and that's all.

This is just my opinion.

Regards
    Alcides
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OK,
    This is not directed at anyone but is rather about general posting ettiquette. I dont want to see anything else like this.

Think to yourself. Would I want Chris's (me) 7 year old daughter to read this if she looks over papa's shoulder? If the answer is yep, no problem then post it. If not then dont post it. Really if you even have to think about it then dont post it.

I have no problem with the post itself but I do have a problem with the word you used - would the site automatic word censor have allowed that word if you had not put the asterisks in? Most likely not. In fact I think the post is really funny overall and I like the idea of posting models our cats (or kids) destroyed.

Secondly the recent events are over, there were valid concerns and it was just not handled properly. Lifes short, move on. You dont need to change how you were posting as 99.99 percent of the time all was great. From here on out I do plan on being more proactive in the sections I mod to edit posts out and contact posters with reasons as needed.
    Chris

p.s. if you feel it was that word that caused the problems then just edit it out.... the thread does not need to die because of it.
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OK,
    This is not directed at anyone but is rather about general posting ettiquette. I dont want to see anything else like this.

Think to yourself. Would I want Chris's (me) 7 year old daughter to read this if she looks over papa's shoulder? If the answer is yep, no problem then post it. If not then dont post it. Really if you even have to think about it then dont post it.

I have no problem with the post itself but I do have a problem with the word you used - would the site automatic word censor have allowed that word if you had not put the asterisks in? Most likely not. In fact I think the post is really funny overall and I like the idea of posting models our cats (or kids) destroyed.

Secondly the recent events are over, there were valid concerns and it was just not handled properly. Lifes short, move on. You dont need to change how you were posting as 99.99 percent of the time all was great. From here on out I do plan on being more proactive in the sections I mod to edit posts out and contact posters with reasons as needed.
    Chris

p.s. if you feel it was that word that caused the problems then just edit it out.... the thread does not need to die because of it.
  9. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Perhaps I'm just a bit dim here, but isn't ***** the correct term for a female canine?
  10. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Perhaps I'm just a bit dim here, but isn't ***** the correct term for a female canine?
  11. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

We are all friends, we are family here. We state our opinions and this is good.
    Few of us (if any) really intend to offend. We could ALL try to remember this.
    Our senses of humor are quite broad, and sometimes mistaken.
    No harm done, it is okay to be human!!!
  12. thewoodengraver

We are all friends, we are family here. We state our opinions and this is good.
    Few of us (if any) really intend to offend. We could ALL try to remember this.
    Our senses of humor are quite broad, and sometimes mistaken.
    No harm done, it is okay to be human!!!
  13. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

If you're saying something mean-spirited, that's one thing, but even the pro's have a joke that bombs.
  14. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

If you're saying something mean-spirited, that's one thing, but even the pro's have a joke that bombs.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes indeed it is but its not the only meaning.
    Chris

Who wants to sing kumbaya? :D
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes indeed it is but its not the only meaning.
    Chris

Who wants to sing kumbaya? :D
  17. thewoodengraver

If you mean the Ren and Stimpy version...I'm game!
  18. thewoodengraver

If you mean the Ren and Stimpy version...I'm game!
  19. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

I'm not trying to create problems, just some interesting response-provoking threads. Looks like I succeeded a little too well...
    As I noted elsewhere, if someone has a problem with the B word, perhaps the
    B****es and Gripes section should be renamed. THAT'S certainly not referring to a female dog.
    As Tony Soprano said once:"I'm like the Reverend Rodney King Jr.: Can't we all just get along?".
    Peace, love, and puppies,

AD
  20. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

I'm not trying to create problems, just some interesting response-provoking threads. Looks like I succeeded a little too well...
    As I noted elsewhere, if someone has a problem with the B word, perhaps the
    B****es and Gripes section should be renamed. THAT'S certainly not referring to a female dog.
    As Tony Soprano said once:"I'm like the Reverend Rodney King Jr.: Can't we all just get along?".
    Peace, love, and puppies,

AD