Visit from another "Gauger"

Tyson Rayles

Always good to get to visit with another member. Ken (Sir_Prize) dropped by today on his way back home. We were supposed to meet up about a year or so ago but I was having some logging done and monsoonal rains had my road wiped out. :( No such problem this time though! :D We got a bite to eat out on the deck of Anthony's Resturant across the street from the depot, then walked over and checked out the train store and the Lionel layout and museum before heading for the house. Here is a picture of Ken taking a pic of the layout :) . Ken should have some good pics to post when he gets back home. He had also visited with Ray Metivier (hoped I spelled that right) and had some real nice pics of his fantastic layout! BTW please ignore the mess behind Ken! :D :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• dcp_0311.jpg
    dcp_0311.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 194

jon-monon

What mess? All I see is a shop :D

Good ta hear ya got together guys.

I got a message on my answering machine today, said it was the Easter bunny from the UK. I suspect a gauger was involved :D :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Always nuce to have a visit from someone who you just chat with on the gauge, I had Alan Curtis (Models) come over to see my layout, he's on the staff of Trainboard.com ....Oh by the way, I don't see any mess, you want mess, come and see my workroom which is away from the railroad room LOL

Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Tyson,
The concept of the Nantahala Midland as a tourist attraction, is one not without due merit. If life takes me back to that part of the world, I'd happily pay another visit. I hope Ken enjoyed his trip there as much as I did mine.
Pete

Sir_Prize

It was a VERY nice time. I got home at around 1:30AM.
Unfortunately, the Mountain Dew Live Wire (the Orange flaver)
and the Coffee Cake I got at Exit 11 in Georgia was still kick'n
didn't get to sleep til 4am. :eek:
It was cool to visit with Mike. He passed something along to me
that was a inspiration. It was a boxcar from his RR, which has me
wanting to pass along one from my line. Which means I gotta get
off my duff and make some.;)
Next time 'round I"m gonna see about someplace to stay up there,
so I can spend a few days sightseeing up them parts.
Very pretty area.
:thumb: :wave: :D

By the way... Did you let the neighbors cat back outta your room?
You should try to get it opening the sliding screen door on video.
Could get some money from like shows REAL TV, or if America's
Funniest Home Videos is still on.:thumb:

jawatkins

Nice picture. I don't see a messy work area there, heck you should see mine!!! I don't think mine would be featured in Better Homes and Gardens! Glad you both had a great time.

Tyson Rayles

Pete if you ever get back this way by all means please drop in! :thumb: Hopefully the weather will be a little better next time! :D Ken I hope you can spend some more time sightseeing the next time you come thru here. The cat is sawing logs on my bed right now. She can't go outside as there is a light rain falling and her highness might melt if she got wet! :rolleyes: :D Shamus you next to visit????????? :)

To all who don't see the mess :) THANK YOU! :wave:

Woodie

Nobody from The Gauge ever comes to visit me. boo hoo.... boo hoo.... **blows nose** :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :(

Sir_Prize

If I had the means I'd swing by Woodie.
Want to see some of those Road Trains, and the reefs, and the
cars from US dealers that don't look like the ones here, and ride
the trams, and see the Opera house, and...

WHERE'S MY LOTTERY TICKET!!! DID I GET THE RIGHT NUMBERS!!!
AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
;)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Nobody from The Gauge ever comes to visit me. boo hoo....
Nothing personal, but it is a known fact that a person, walking from the continental U. S., to Australia, will drown before they get half way.:D :D :D ;)