Virginia Model Railroad Open House

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
The Chesapeake Bay Railroaders are having their Fall Open House on Saturday, November 22nd from 10 till 4. Admission is free. For directions go to the club’s web site at: http://www.trainweb.org/cbw/

The club has a large two level HO layout with two large helixes to lift and lower trains. We’re talking about real helixes here, not the wimpy two or three turn kind. We have a 16 mile mainline run from our eastern point, Langley Yard to our western point, French Creek Yard.

Here’s a picture of one of our helixes.

George

Attachments

• helix 1 -.jpg
    helix 1 -.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 70

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
I just went to the web site and see we only have a few pictures on the web site. It's still being by our web master. Go to the top of the first page and click on "Layout Tour". On the next page click on "Layout Photos". You will find pictures for most of the towns on Page #1 and for Columbia Furnace on page #2.

Here's a picture of a scene I did. The motel is scratch built.

Attachments

• riverview motel 6-3-03 1 (-).jpg
    riverview motel 6-3-03 1 (-).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 60

rguyett

Oct 22, 2003
calgary alberta
Visit site
hEY MOTEL LOOKS REAL GOOD keep the picas coming we are alwalways interested in seeing the pics from others for sure
I kind of thiought there must be a web site problem when i couldn't not find any pics that worked . thanks for the quick come back
motel looks good you did a great job