Video Posting Forum is Open

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
All Posting rules for The Gauge apply!!! There is a 2 meg limit on file size. and the files should be 600 X 600 or smaller.

Allowed File types are: wma, mov, mpg, mpeg and avi

The Forum is in the Gallery: Link to Video Forum

If anyone wants to tell the rest of us how you built your animated items, or wants to start a discussion - Please do so here too.

Still pictures can also be added here, to show us what you have that moves on your layout.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
misc.php

Mikey's test file.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
sweet :D

i'm going to have to upload afew videos of my trains! i'm going to have to open Premiere and do some major editing and condensing to get my DVD videos i recorded to down under 2 meg! my 500meg two minute clip i just got is for sure not an option :D

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
Zman said:
2 meg huh? I guess I'll have to edit out the dancing girls.

oh the sacrifices :D

i had to edit out the part where my plastic people came to life and started polka dancing and reciting AC/DC lyrics :D

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i'm glad you guys enjoyed that more than me! :D

N-Gauger, your video was nice and clear, what type of camera did you use?

i tied my digital camera to my camera, which was tooo wide to be run on my layout, hint the derailment! after the wreck i mounted the camera more a bit further to the left side of the car so it wouldn't wreck, and that seemd to fix the problem...

i've since doubled the size of my platform and have some tight left/right salon turns that weave though elevated tressles, and i have some other tight spots where my camera is going to have some trouble getting pass, i'm not quite sure if it will fit now, since i havn't mounted the camera on a car since i've totally revamped and added to my platform...

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Marxed said:
i'm glad you guys enjoyed that more than me! :D

N-Gauger, your video was nice and clear, what type of camera did you use?

I have a Sony Mavica 4 Meg, digital camera, that takes video too. the size you see it is right how it comes out of the camera :)

I just had to shorten it to get it under 2 meg :)

~~ Thanks!!

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
anyone else with videos??? only 6 videos up there soo far, 4 of which are mine... i'm anxious to see some more videos!

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
A few years ago, i bought a timer/relay from a ham fest I attend to look for electrical stuff :D for the layout :)

I found this drum timer (1/60 rpm motor) and a bunch of settings that allow you to control 8 spst sitches. I hooked the common to the (-) of my 3V power supply, then connected the anode of the LED to the (+). I then connected the outside "Cathoides" to the switches on the drum switch. After making the adjustments I have the Tri-color LED blinking 4 times red - 1 green - 4 red - 1 green etc

I took apart the remote control crane & used the vertical section to make the tower. I painted it black and after it dried I took a piece of PVC pipe and using a wood dowel, I connected it to the top of the tower.

I then drilled a hole for the LED - painted all of it black - then when it dried I put the LED in and put it on the layout :) Below, is the circuit. I put black squares where the drum switch is. Basically it turns on the red line (Red side of LED) 4 times then turns on the green line (Green side of LED) once, them repeats. Anyone knowhow to do this any other way? 556 timer maybe???

The results are here. and. of course, there is a video :)

Attachments

• Color1.jpg
    Color1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 10