Video of Layout

fsm1000

Ok this just in :D
If you go here
www.youtubex.com
and put the youtube url of the video you want to see in the space provided, you can download the file.
Next add the extension .flv to the file if it doesn't have it yet.
Then go here
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
and on the third page [you have to look for it] get the progam and use it to convert it to an avi or mpg file. Now you can watch it on your comp. :D

I hope that helps :D

AndyWS

Youtube problems

For those others here that post videos on Youtube, have you ever encountered this problem?

*The video starts uploading fine, you can see the red bar quickly moving to the right

*Then all of a sudden it stalls, and will stay there forever unless you intervene. For some videos it stalls at the exact same % complete every time, for others it hangs up at different spots. For the ones that stall in the same spot every time, I figured maybe there was a glitch in the file so I re-rendered it but to no avail. It would stall at the same spot, or develop a different "problem spot" that it would always stall at.

The end result is that videos take from 5-10 tries to upload sucessfully, and some videos will not upload at all.

By the way, I am usually generating my videos in Pinnacle Studio Version 9.4, 320x240 .wmv with 44.1 KHz audio. I cannot generate files to the exact specifications that Youtube reccomends without purchasing "enhanced" features for Studio, which I think is BS since I paid almost $100 for the software in the first place. I have also tried uploading .MPG clips directly from my digital camera memory cards, with the same problem. A 10-second clip got stuck at 98% COMPLETE the first time I tried uploading it, although I was eventually able to get it uploaded.

This is driving me nuts, as the whole point of Youtube is to be able to upload videos yet I cannot do it without a major hassle (some videos I have not yet been able to upload sucessfully at all). My repeated frantic inqueries to their "tech support" have resulted in either silence or an e-mailed copy of the same generic "frequently encountered problems" list that is on their web site's rather sketchy help section.

In the meantime, enjoy this one: It's the only one that worked out of the four I tried to upload yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dbK34DUeJc

It's on an S scale layout at the Madison Model Railroad Show & Sale in 2003.

fsm1000

Nice videos chessie. Too bad you didn't have real [cough steam cough] locomotives though LOL :D:D:D

Anyhow, nice work there. Thanks.
I was wondering if you could do a nice video of the layout itself? Would be nice to see an overall and then maybe a few close ups of sections you particularly like.

Just an idea. I like the videos you did earlier as you know, and wanted to see more of your layout is all.

Thanks again.:)