Victory

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Taking a break from building my current project, I decided to rest my scissors-induced aching fingers and finish a 3D model I started a while ago.

The shape seems simple enough for a quick easy build right?
    Wrong!
    I found it deceptively difficult to get the basic shapes into a simple form and still stay true to the look, feel and structure of the original! :oops:
    Not as difficult as any of my other models, but still was a bugger to get right!

Well, griping now over, here's a screencap of this golden oldie. 5000 brownie points to all who can guess where she's from! :p

Attached Files:

2. ganeshsingh158

ganeshsingh158 Member

I'm thinking Space:Above & Beyond?
  3. Bunnyear

Bunnyear Member

Shame on you :twisted:

its one of Wing Commander´s greatest ships :)

very good job:thumb:
  4. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Wing Commander 3, Heart of the tiger and in 4 as a Orbital museam (A relic of the war. Probably got a plaque right over your bunk :)) Loved the games. I had a crack at designing a concordia class but your right in that the shapes are VERY hard to get right and lush. I'd like to do some of the WC1 era ships such as the scimitar but I need a LOT more practise before I can get there. Can't wait to see your victory on my cutting table.
  5. ThunderChild

And the 5000 brownie points go to Bunnyear and Jackrum! Yay!
    :p

Would you believe I'm already finished with everything?! even the instructions!

As I said, I'm busy with another test build at the moment, so....
    Would anyone please test build this for me before I add it to the downloads section? PM me.
  6. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

*Bump*

Believe it or not, I've had a crack at creating a paper model of this one too a couple of years ago, but gave up cuz my skilz were not up to it then. I would love to have a paper model of the Victory, or the Concordia.

I've been a fan of the whole WC series of games, and would love to see more of the vessels get the paper model treatment. I have a Tarsus class light freighter 3D mesh about halfway done somehwhere on my hard-drive. Remember that boxy little winnebago-lookin ship you start out with in Privateer? I had plans to make all 4 player ships from that game. They're still in my WIP folder.

Man I spent a ridiculous number of hours playing Privateer....its almost embarrassing. I don't know how I got through university at all when I think about it now.
  7. ThunderChild

Thanx to Cgutzmer! The Victory is up and available in downloads! Enjoy!

Remember to send some feedback my way. :)
  8. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Very nicely done model. I also want to build it big, but this will have to wait. Any way I could convince you to add the other vessels from this Ranger class carrier series Liberty (41), Wellington (42), Freedom (43)? I have the textures for the big numbers as well, if you want them.

Attached Files:

9. ThunderChild

Odysseus: The problem with resizing is the textures that are low quality (the pipework, hangar deck engines etc).

The textures can be redone, unfortunately time is not on my side... Anyone willing to do this, feel free to PM me.

Hot4Darmat: First chance I get I'll add the variations. :)
  10. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

I'd love one at that size too. Count me in.
  11. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

I got a mesh of the Ranger Class / Victory a while back and had a go at an unfold. Total and utter disaster.

Thank you for giving us a buildable model. Also for getting the name/numbers so they don't read backwards (like on my attempt).

I would echo the call for a larger model (maybe big enough for some tiny fighters to fit the deck) and some additional hull names and numbers.

And now REALLY begging...

How about

A Sheffield Class Destroyer

[​IMG]

A Tallahassee Class Cruiser

[​IMG]

and the Lexington Class Battlecarrier

[​IMG]

Ad yes, I'm a die hard Wingnut....
  12. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Any and/or all of these would be AWESOME. This whole series was a big part of my life for a while there. Loved it. The ships look deceptively simple and blocky as 3D models, but having tried the Victory, I know they're not as simple as I thought. Still, should be do-able. That Lexington looks so nice.

I should get back to that Tarsus.....
  13. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Here's another one I wanted to make into a paper model but never got there....The beautiful Murphy.

Oh and the Tarsus too for good measure.

Attached Files:

14. ThunderChild

Man, that Tarsus would look so cool as a paper model!
  15. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Not to worry. The Tarsus will get done. I'm wrapping up a few other things, and have warmed it up in my WIP cue.