Victorville Depot

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
Hi: It is Victorville, Ca. Our club is modeling the Santa Fe etc through Cajon pass, Sullivans Curve, etc. I appreciate the pic on the side of the Victorville depot. That is a start. At least gives some colors and materials. Thanks for your help
Dwight77

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Just past the Victorville depot less than 1/2 mile towards Barstow is a huge aggregate plant where they process rock for concrete. Just past the aggregate plant is "Rocky Park" where the Santa Fe main passes through some very interresting granite outcroppings along side of the Mojave River. I have some pics if I can figure out how to reduce them enough to post here.

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
Hi Russ: I and my club members would really like to see your pictures if you can get them loaded. We are especially interested in the Victorville Depot and if you had pictures of the aggregate plant that would be super too as we are scratch building an aggregate or cement plant for the same area. And if you had pictures of the Rocky Park that would be most interesting. So anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for responding.
Dwight77

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Dwight, I just sent you a p.m. My pics are 2160 x 1440, and with Kodak Easy Share, I can't find any way to reduce the pics unless I'm printing them. If you send me an answer, let me know with a brief reply here. I find that the notice of a p.m. on the Gauge is so small that I often miss p.m.s for a long time.

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
Hi Russ: I read your private message first and responded to it...lol....Anyway, I told the guys at the club today that we may have more pics coming and they were excited...especially the guy doing the aggregate plant. My email address is drsedgwick@comcast.net , if you could send one pic I will see what happens. If I have to make an oversize print that wont be a problem. Again, thanks for all your help.
Dwight77

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I just sent off one pic to you. As soon as I hear from you that you are ready for more, I'll send them. I think I'll limit them to no more than three pics per email, and no more than two emails at a time to keep from overwhelming your mail box. Just email me when you are ready for more, and if you can get them reduced, feel free to post them on the Gauge.

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
Hi Russ: Your pic of the aggregate plant came out great and on one page after my software worked it. I am trying to figure out how to post it on The Guage. I need to work on that a bit as far as attaching pics. But I would love to receive any other pics you have of the area. Also, I was wondering if you had any pics of the Northern Mohave railroad that were used in the area. I think that is the right name for the train.
Again, appreciate all your help.
Dwight77

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
Hi Spitfire: Thanks for the link on how to upload pics. I tried the first pic but unfortunately it is too large......1.75 mb and the largest allowed is 65kb. :(

I will keep trying as the new pics arrive.
Thanks again.
Dwight77