VIA Ocean Limited Wreck.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
George,
Saw that on the news here last week. Just briefly. What a mess! I'm very good at switching the wrong turnout too! WOOSH! Off the end of the layout!
redface.gif

TOOT!

George

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
It reallly was some wreck, Woodie.

I've been trying to procure some decent pictures for this site, but the print media web sites in the Maritimes lack photos in their archives. All I've found is thumbnails from CBC I wouldn't want anyone to strain themselves with. I'd really like to see that diner bent 90 degrees in half though. That's almost worth preserving at a museum as an oddity!

HOWEVER>>

If anyone would like to see streaming video of the various stories, you can see them at;

http://www.cbc.ca

Enter "VIA train wreck" in their search engine and you will get several video reports filed as the investigation unfolded.

The pictures are quite dramatic.

George.

George

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
I just put details regarding last weeks passenger train wreck in Nova Scotia on the "The Real Thing; Canada" board. Please have a look.

I wish we had more activity on that board, and I don't know why we don't.

Anyway, some little wretch pulled a switch, sending 14 cars of silver and blue varnish onto a siding and through a building. No fatalities, thank goodness.

This is off season. In another six weeks, that train will routinely be 20-24 cars long, sporting several dome lounges.

I will see if I can procure pictures.

George.