VF-1 Valkyrie

Valkyrie Stand

A bit of an update on the stand. I've redesigned the front of the stand, the old one looked too boxy to me. Both the arm and the stand have been unfolded in Pep and reworked (mostly) to my satisfaction. Although I might release the arm in two versions, the standard version as seen below, and a simplified version. The simplified version has yet to be started though. Before I can release the stand I need to finish my Strike Valk to see if the arm is the proper size to fit over the Strike armor properly. So unfortunately it'll be awhile before it's ready to go. With that said, on with the pics:

Attachments

• Valk Stand2.jpg
    Valk Stand2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Valk Stand New.jpg
    Valk Stand New.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Launch Arm.jpg
    Launch Arm.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 22

elpapersyco

Gran trabajo ltla9000311 perfecto solo una pregunta: crees que soporte el peso de todo el modelo en modalidad, osea con todo los accesorios "Super VF" ,creo deberias diseñar y agregar algo para que refuerze la puerta del hangar, no lo crees asi?

Great job ltla9000311 perfect one question: you think that supports the weight of the whole model in form, with all accessories osea "Super VF," I should design and add some reinforcement to the door of the hangar, do not you think so?

Stev0

I'm gonna say no. It still looks good though.

The weight of the finished model would need an arm stronger than card stock and the arm would have to be somehow mounted to the back plate in such a way that it would twist off while bearing the weight. That and you would have to affix the arm to the VF model too.

Like holding onto a large book with your arm stretched out.

Valkyrie Stand

Hey guys thanks for the observations. I did think about that at length as I designed this thing. While the original arm is very detailed, after printing a test page and looking at the size of the parts, I'm simpliying the arm to make it sturdier. As designed and scaled to approx 1/72 scale, it's gonna be too weak to handle the weight of the fighter. Now I have the original VT-1D, designed by Shunichi, fully built and it is very light. Granted it doesn't have the extra armor on it but the armor won't add that much weight. The arm will be glued on the underneath side of the door opening, and to the backdrop. Two different gluing surfaces to hold the weight of the fighter. The only spots I can forsee needing reinforcement are at the back of the backdrop behind where the arm glues, and where the front base glues to the back wall.

Attachments

• Valk Stand New Reference.jpg
    Valk Stand New Reference.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 30

Getter1

Itla,

The base shouldn't be too hard to reinforce. I don't have a small scale here so I can't give you a build out and loaded weight, but I can send you the test Super Fighter as I'm done with it ;) That'll save you time so you can focus on the base and arm.

Oh I like that rounded base but was more partial to the pevious ver.

Steve0's got a point that the fighter may have to be glued to the arm. I'm not sure it could be removable.

G1

Janx

I am so glad your doing this Itla :) I was worried about those very things too, but you got most of it covered.

Both bases work for me, staying on the fence here :p

Valkyrie Stand

Janx-Thanks for the support!:thumb: Unfortunately real life has had made it's inevitable intrusion into designing and building. (Ex-wives/work/children etc)wall1 I haven't been able to do much over the last week or so. Have no worries mate, it will be finished as soon as I can find the time!:mrgreen:

Steve0, Getter1- I guess I didn't state it earler but the model would have to be glued to the arm. Unless one went to their local DIY store (Lowes or Home Depot her in CA) and bought some of that flexible magnetic strip and cut it to fit in the Strike engines and the arm itself.:twisted:

Just another randon set of thoughts.

Janx

ahah gives me an idea, why not fit a magnet to inside the Backpack pod and one to the protrusion at the bottom of the arm between the claws..

Just had another thought here.

I was going to simplify the arm to make it easier to build, but I think I will leave it as is. Due to the size of arm at this scale, the parts have come out rather small. Almost too small to be foldable. So I think the parts will be laminated to achieve the desired thickness on the main arm itself. Or one could use art board, or what I call mat board, used in picture framing. It comes in a rainbow of colors and the edges could be colored just like paper, and would be very strong and lightweight.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about in size:

Attachments

• Arm Example.jpg
    Arm Example.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Launch Arm Reference.jpg
    Launch Arm Reference.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 23

Janx

Yep, kinda what I had in mind for the Arm, I didnt intend it to be A box section, you really are on the case :)

Now the pic above is actually larger than actual size. The long pieces that stick out on either end are actually only 1 mm wide.While there are quite a few people here on the forum who have the skill to fold that up and make it look good, I don't.:curse:

So to retain the detail in Janx's great design on the arm, either laminating several pieces together or using a 1mm piece of cardboard for the arm is the way to go. Unless someone has any other ideas?

elpapersyco

Saludos Hi ITLA I have a suggestion to resolve the dispute in the reinforcement of the stand, I think if you add three pieces in this way, the diorama of the panel will not be greatly affected by weight:thumb:

URL%5D

Saludos Hola itla me permito hacer una sugerencia para resolver la polemica del refuerzo del stand, creo que si le añades tres piezas en esta forma, el panel del diorama no se vera muy afectada por el peso​

Down loaded and ready for building, soon as i finish my hanger deck and raptor. Getter first class job on the Val. Can't wait to build your version.

Adama

Getter1

Hey Guys,

No prob. Thought that one would tie some over till these are up ;)

I like it but it has some styling issues. Not to keen on the head in particular but it's ok. Janx's weapons are far better to. I'll be buildint Zen's Valk of course but probably after his X-Wing ver. 2 :D

When I get more ink I'll be starting a real build, not just the B/W test units in the pics. Got a few that I just have to build up :D

Tossed up pics of the main builds I want to do in this order to ;)

G1

Attachments

• vf-1a-max-battroid.jpg
    vf-1a-max-battroid.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 37
  • vf-1a-darkbird-battroid.jpg
    vf-1a-darkbird-battroid.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 24
  • vf-1d-battroid.jpg
    vf-1d-battroid.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 23
  • vf-1a-angelbird-battroid.jpg
    vf-1a-angelbird-battroid.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 20
S

Soaring

:woot1: My gosh! I'm gonna get my snacks ready for this next build. It'll be like a movie with a popcorn! *Psst - If this comes out as download, I'll Ver. Ka it up sign1 -Keep it up guys!