VF-1 Valkyrie

Ronson2k3

I want you to have my paper babies.

Oh now that's priceless.

I second that notion. I built plastic models of the Veritech when I was a kid Hasagawa made them. These are 1000 times better (hoping easier to build .. ?) but I'll gladley build them anyway .. when they come out.

Guardian/Gerwalk mode is my favorite by the way..hehehe

Getter1

Oh now that's priceless.

I second that notion. I built plastic models of the Veritech when I was a kid Hasagawa made them. These are 1000 times better (hoping easier to build .. ?) but I'll gladley build them anyway .. when they come out.

Guardian/Gerwalk mode is my favorite by the way..hehehe

The Hasagawa kits are great and not bad on price either but they are usually out of stock and don't get re-released too often :(

These are easy to build.

The toughest parts to make I'ld say are,

1) The A Type head by far (not too bad but can be tricky in the back)
2) The moveable joints for the upper arm (tricky to glue but I'll make a tutorial on those)
3) the head guns and the Gu-11 Gunpod (only hard for those who hate rolling tiny tubes)

I haven't tackled the Striker Cannons yet so the jury's still out there. I'm thinking bout giving it a shot today but no promises with my gimp hand :p

BTW, Gerwalk is my fav to ;) Best of both worlds.

G1

57townsman

You know what would make a great stand? The launch arm from DYRL with the launch bay doorway as the base.

I love that movie, there are some really interesting bits in there that you wouldn't notice normally. In one missile launch scene a can of Coca Cola stands in for a missile and in one battle scene a Zentradei gets his head stomped and you get to see his brains squish out.:eek: Eeeeew.

You found those too?!!!! I thought I was the only one to have come across those while watching that years ago!

I agree tho, the arm would be awesome! I have that on DVD, maybe I can get some screen caps of it. That beginning scene is pretty dark tho, might be hard to isolate. Hmmmmm.........Another mini project I don't have time for!:cry:

Getter1

57, Itla,

You 2 remember this thread?

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162608

The discussion there is what triggered this project :p I believe the DYRL launch arm was suggested there to. Good idea but I've yet to do one.

I've heard bout those easter eggs in DYRL but I've never seen it or the original Macross for that matter. I've only seen Robotech :p

G1

think-floyd

Getter1, you should definitely go watch Macross :) Watch it in japanese with subs too, as the dub leaves out soooooo much. Robotech really dumbed down the storyline too, I've watched some of it, and immediately wished i was watching the original hehe..

Now I've got the original operatic Japanese theme tune in my head haha..

57townsman

Yes, definitely better in Japanese with sub-titles :mrgreen:

Getter1, I re-read the thread but missed the launch arm. I know I've mentioned it someplace but didn't see it there :razz: Oh well, not important anyways.

SteveK

Getter1

I want to see the original Macross but I do love Robotech for what it was :D It was what got me hooked on robots and I will always love it :p I can see it as a seperate show entirely in my mind. Now Southern Cross is also a show I want to see the original of, gotta love those Hovertanks :D

Download will be avaliable soon, just have to get the info to Janx so he can tidy up the pages so wait a little longer ;)

G1

Getter1

Yippie-Ki-Ay

Hello All,

The hand recovery has progressed enough that I am able to do some buildin :D

Can't do too much at a time but I can build :D

Below is a pic of the Striker Cannon in progress. Also pics of the healing wound on the middle finger and last a shot of my current range of motion :( That's actually bout 200% improvement over a couple days :p

I'm gettin there :p

OK my sick, twisted self had to toss in a pic of the wound after the cast was removed and before I cleared off the cake of dead skin and the gnarly wound.

G1

Attachments

• 02120001.jpg
    02120001.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 02120002.jpg
    02120002.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 52
  • 02120003.jpg
    02120003.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 01270001.jpg
    01270001.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 50
S

Soaring

I really want to say great job, but I can't type it! I'm still phased at that last picture. I think I'll need to see a doctor for that, I'll print that out and use it for Halloween :D

Getter1

:p Sorry bout that, I had to do it :p What am I saying??? I'm not sorry at all :p

That large scab is where I got cut open by the machine. The zig-zag under the the Steri-strips is where the doctor had to cut me open to find my nerve that snapped back like a rubber band when a piece was ripped out :( There's a tube (nerve conduit) connecting the 2 ends so they can grow back together. That can take up to 18 months :( In the mean time my feeling and touch sensation on that side is all screwed up.

Got a bit more done on the Cannons since last post. All I need to do now is make the cannon barrels. A bit sloppy but I'm doing waht I can :p

G1

Attachments

• 02120001.jpg
    02120001.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 49

think-floyd

Wow, that picture almost gave me Déja vu Getter.
I did a very similar injury to the very same finger, same hand, same side of the finger. Pretty similar bloody mess too haha..

I fractured my finger in a couple of places at the same time too though, so it's been a bit crooked ever since. Don't worry about the range of motion, that will return in time. Keep up the physio though! can't stress that enough!