Valley NTrak's benifit show Nov. 29th

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
The Valley NTrak held a benifit show for the daycare center of the United Methodist Church in Branford, CT this past Saturday. Great outpouring by the club as we filled their auditorium with a 26 x 30 foot layout. I believe this was the largest layout the club has ever tried. The layout consisted of two loops, one was 6 x 16 and the second 26 x 19 both joined by two "T" modules. The two "T" modules were a club donation and we were very anxious to give them a try. One club member took it upon himself and carefully brought the scenery, electrical and track up to date. On paper the setup is in the shape of the number 9. The red line was used for DCC operation. Two DCC trains ran the entire layout, 134 foot total, continuously all day. The yellow and blue lines were used seperately by each loop. Two club members had modules with seperate loops and had engines running on their individual modules. There was even a small section of the mountain division running point to point on one side of the smaller loop. Plenty to see with nine trains running, along with the workmanship and wide variety of scenery of the modules

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Setup started at 6:45 AM, lots of bugs to work out of our untried setup. Here John works on hooking up the "T"s with Dale and my grandson, Mike, assisting.

Attachments

• mvc-003s.jpg
    mvc-003s.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 59

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
A familiar scene at almost all the Connecticut train shows is David Peters and his wife Barbara. We were fortunate to have them there putting on their safety demonstration. Continually, all day, they talk to children about the dangers at railroad crossings and how dangererous it is playing near tracks.

Attachments

• mvc-021s.jpg
    mvc-021s.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 53

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
My granddaughter, Julia, came by and I brought her into the pit area. As I was showing her how to run an engine, a journalist from the Hartford Courant came by. If you can read the small print, ignore the 24 annual show reference. The journalist made an error.

Attachments

• mvc-001s.jpg
    mvc-001s.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 53