Vacation on Martha's Vineyard (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Zman, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Zman

Zman Member

Having lunch in Edgartown harbor, one of many beautiful sailboats float by...

[​IMG]

The historic Edgartown lighthouse (from a distance)...

[​IMG]

I went hiking at the Felix Neck wildlife preserve. Turtle Pond (yes, it had lots of turtles)...

[​IMG]

The inland saltwater ponds were full of ancient creatures like this horseshoe crab. BTW, that's my shoe next to the horseshoe, for scale...

[​IMG]

The famous multi-colored cliffs at Aquinnah. According to Wampanoag legend, Moshup (their primary deity), dashed whales against the rocks before he ate them for breakfast, ergo the colors...

[​IMG]

The historic lighthouse at Aquinnah (sorry for not rotating it)...

[​IMG]

Edgardtown square, a popular place for outdoor weddings...

[​IMG]

Finally, a black and white photo of Vineyard Haven harbor. I took a number of these pics at extremely high resolution (5 megapixels etc., etc.), but of course I had to shrink this one to fit onto the forum. At any rate, I had it professionally printed on 11" by 17" glossy paper, and it looks fantastic...

[​IMG]
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Looks like a great place for a vacation. Get away from those noisy smelly trains eh!
  3. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

ENVY !!!!!

Salt Water......I walked inland with an oar on my shoulder until someone asked what it was, and then I stopped and settled down.....I do still miss the Sea!
    Pete
  4. Zman

Zman Member

I hear you, Pete. I've always lived next to the ocean - half of my life in Seattle on Puget Sound, the other half in Boston. I don't think I could ever live inland for very long. There's something about waking up in the morning with the cool smell of salt wafting through the window...