Vacation 2005 - Orlando Trains

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
While on vacation I caught these two wanderers parked in the train station in Orlando.

aap.jpg

aaq.jpg

aar.jpg

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Sorry I missed you at the Clearwater show for the "Great American Train Show."
Due to traffic and a few detours didn't get there until about 1pm.
Should'a passed along my number could'a chatted some on the cell.
oh welll... such are things.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks everyone!

Sir_Prize said:
Sorry I missed you at the Clearwater show for the "Great American Train Show."
Due to traffic and a few detours didn't get there until about 1pm.
Should'a passed along my number could'a chatted some on the cell.
oh welll... such are things.

Ken
We did not go to the show because we left Clearwater Beach on Friday not Saturday. On Saturday we drove back to Tampa to go the the Lowry Park Zoo and then we were going to go to the show and enjoy some a/c. Between the heat and the traffic we never made it to the show. We sat in traffic trying to get to the zoo for about an hour. Coming from the zoo we started toward Clearwater but after getting tired of sitting in traffic we turned around and went back to Orlando.

How did you like all the detours and conflicting detour signs in Clearwater?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
ezdays said:
Thanks Tom for the pics. That's a neat station platform, kinda a bit Spanish. Where is that located?

Don
That is the Orlando train station. It was built by Seaboard I think.

My wife took the picture. I was inside the station trying to get the rental car. The morons in front of me were driving the poor rental car agent along with me and everyone else in the line crazy for 20 minutes. As a result of being stuck in line I missed a Florida Central (I think) train come through the station. The rear of the train can be seen in the picture.

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Tom, I too had trouble getting to the show.

I went on Saturday, and as I was driving down, my father and I had some trouble with the detours in the city. We worked around it, but he got all frustrated when he didn't see the convention center right away, and I had to explain to him it was below Steinmart in the lower area.

Got some cool stuff at that show though. A nice ATSF timetable, ATSF pins, and some boxcars/tankers for the layout. :D

At least Orlando has a decent station. I've never seen Tampa's, but with the almost-next-to-none Amtrak service we get, I'm sure it's not noteworthy.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Trainwhiz20- When was you there? I was the fella going around with the Black cowboy hat.
I always found that location odd, but does have a nice view on the upper level.
I can see about getting a shot of Tampa's Station.

TomPM- Sorry about the traffic. You most likely were on I-4. It's always like that. Then, there
is all the work in Clearwater... That station in Orlando sees a lot of traffic. I was just down
the road in a Hi-rise (at least for me) hotel and had a cool view from above. Anyways...
Glad you had some fun. Lowery Park Zoo I think is great, not too big, and just feels nice.