Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by starbuck, Oct 12, 2015.
There is one pretty good B9 here: http://jleslie48.com/gallery_models_scifi.html
Thanks for the link!
No stand included, unfortunately.
I mentioned that I will make a second one as present - starting from the bottom. As can be seen the original attached part does not fit to the feed-holders.
You can see on pic 3 and 4 that the bottom part does not have the same size on the right and the left side. Additionally both sides are too small.
So I tried to make a bottom part that suits. Size is OK now checking where and how to get the colour.
Additionally I dublicated the ends to have a complete set for the feed-holders.
Thank you very much for the tip. It is a brilliant idea and I will try to find some stable former.
I am really looking forward to the result. It would be great if you could document your progress and make an "illustrated build diary" which can be used for reference because I haven't found any instructions for the model. Obviously the model was designed without CAD which may explain the fitting issues.
I would LOVE to see your version of this when you finish it!
No Problem. Will do.
As I see the thread has taken off rather well, I decided to no loionger consider it a "threat", and renamed it to "thread".
Nice subject. Weird movie, kind of ahead of it's time as many scientists weren't agreement about the existent of these things, but anything with Yvette Mimeaux in it is worth watching.
threat vs thread one letter big impact
I was just wondering if that word was written intentionally that way.
According to fitting issues you encountered the build could be not so straight forward and the thread title could make sense as it was before renaming.
Well, thread or threat (is seems an Halloween request...) I'll follow this build!
Oh my, I didn't notice..! Thanks, John!
Food Holder finished.
First pic shows the both footholders - left my version - right the original version.
Second pictrue show the first attempt of my own version and the measurements in cm. As can be seen the mesurements are not exactly the same in this version. I made an accurate one were the measurements are the same on every side. Then I took a snapshot of the original one to get the correct color, and printed as A4 page - then I drew the measurements on this page to get the colored version.
Last pic tries to show the difference between the original version and mine.
Next: Middle Block:
Pic 1 all parts cut - middle part I only cut once - it is good to be able to fix the glueing tabs - no necessity to do it on both sides
Pic 2 and 3 assembling start - you can see also here the part do not fit exactly - no problem so far - correction later on
Pic 4 side parts attached.
Pic 5 and 6 result of coming together - I started to glue the sideparts together before attaching top and bottom. - Then I saw that top and bottom will not
match exactliy the curve of the sideparts - so I attached without trying to match the curves - knowing that I will have some overlapping part - which I will have to cut
Pic 7 back part of the midlle part
Pic 8 all the peaces so far
arms and front monitor - just easy doing....
the "torso": as can be seen on picture 2 the upper part is a little too smal - therefore made a correct part with an external diameter of 10,5 cm
again (no photo so far) printing of the correct color on an A4 cover and cutting the part out of it - pictures to follow
One thing before: I tested all the parts whether they fit - if not procedure as described above. Don´t know maybe my printer is responsible for the trouble and not the model. Sometimes I have the feeling that it does not print the size wished altough I use always the same settings.
Nevertheless: next parts ....and my styrofoam balls arrived. (see picture 2)
In sum no problem in finding parts together but ...fitting issues. But now I am professional and i am able to create additional parts very fast.
.....and next - nearly final parts - the hat.
@DanBKing - I did not forget your tip - I just did not find time to search for formers. I mentioned before it is a present and it has to be ready by the end of the week together with another one.
So I spend all my time to finalize the presents.
Also here no problem in finding parts together. In the first run (from above to below) it was much more complicated, as I cut out to many parts in one session.
.......these are the parts that will come together, where the styrofoam balls have to be painted before.
Still keeping an eye on this thread. Looking Good! Waiting to see how it all comes together. Good luck Starbuck!