USS SULACO & PATNA by Tomys / Jan Rükr / 1:430

kingofprd

Hi, I build all three versions. Is printed on a laser printer paper 200g/m2.
Brown Sulaco without modification. Patna is the experimental treatment and blue Sulaco is my flagship, which will use the proven treatment.

Dropship, which I taped a long time.
P3210064.jpg

P3210065.jpg

P3210066.jpg

P3210071.jpg

Well, the first part is printed.

sulaco2.jpg

Additional model is designed for the model Sulaco3 gray-brown and has a form of escape pod BD409-EEV. The worksheet is also the second papercraft (destroyed after landing) version of the EEV envelope, including the covering vystřeleného sulaca side in place of separate modules from the ship.
PC270966.jpg

PC270965.jpg

PC291098.jpg

PC291099.jpg

PC291095.jpg

juntopi

Internal structure

Nice! In the last few pictures are those internal supports just strips of 200g/m2 cardstock?

Tirick

Hi, I build all three versions. Is printed on a laser printer paper 200g/m2.
Brown Sulaco without modification. Patna is the experimental treatment and blue Sulaco is my flagship, which will use the proven treatment.

You are very, very brave.... :mrgreen:

With a laser printer Jan's textures will pop in all of their gorgeous glory. Those will look incredible once done, of that I am certain.

Tirick

Wow! Beautifully executed parts. You are indeed very ambitious. I'm making only one, the dark gray Alien3 version of Sulaco, and this will likely tax my time/paper/ink capacity to the limit. All 3?! My hat is off to you.

kingofprd

Other parts. The only problem will probably be the place where the tooth is a red line. According to lines of work should be larger. I'll see how things turn out.

P2190496.jpg

P3050586.jpg

KGC

I also noticed this problem while I mount my model, how do you think could be solved?
We should ask Jan if you have had problems.

kingofprd

The problem is, most builders USS Sulaco. Now you can download a new set of parts according to which if you know it's OK. Jan, I will ask.

Marco Scheloske

Last weekend I completed the upper bow, and I discovered another slight problem: The front of the bow.

This group is now, because of the too long freight section, to far behind the front end and will need a spacer later, too, just like the lower bow at the aft end:

P1030051.jpg

Jan, will you adress this issue, too?

Marco Scheloske

Yesterday I discoverd that group 9 don't fit, too - what is only logically, because group 8 is longer than it should be because of the gap (that was already adressd by Jan).

Well, no big deal, as the same method (a cardboard spacer, camouflaged by texture) can be used here, too.

But I must say that I'm VERY happy that Jan is constructing the model in large groups - that way such little errors won't have an influence to the whole ship and can be corrected easily.

I`m curious what todays upload will bring. Those fridays are really exciting - everytime like a little christmas!

Jan, I cannot say it often enough: Thank you for this paper modeling gem!!!