USS SULACO by SKODA/ Jan Rükr / 1:320 Tuning

lemonade

And yes, my nick was highly influenced by the Revell company because they were the first to release BSG models (which I had been hunting down for almost 18 years; times were different in the 1980s here in Germany; we even had only TWO magazines informing us about new movies - "BRAVO" and "CINEMA" - and NO STARLOG :cry: ..!).

Well, I do have the original TV series' Viper and Cylon Raider kits, from Monogram... but looks like Revell had similar models. I've just seen a bunch of Galactica's Revell kits on eBay. You may wanna take a look.

Long time ago there was a guy in America that published a paper list of rare model kits and one could buy directly from him. I got many rarities. If I recall it right it was something like Greenmodels or JF Green... dunno, I think there was a "green" in the name. Good times. Now everything is digital :mrgreen:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I do have the original TV series' Viper and Cylon Raider kits, from Monogram... but looks like Revell had similar models. I've just seen a bunch of Galactica's Revell kits on eBay. You may wanna take a look.

Long time ago there was a guy in America that published a paper list of rare model kits and one could buy directly from him. I got many rarities. If I recall it right it was something like Greenmodels or JF Green... dunno, I think there was a "green" in the name. Good times. Now everything is digital :mrgreen:
Thanks for the tip, but it comes a bit too late; I was chasing the kits during the 1980s / 1990s when queries and orders were made with a hand-written or machine-typed letter (no e-mails, no google). It took quite a bit to track them down but I managed to get them all. Erh, not all of them, of course, but enough to satisfy my needs :mrgreen:. Revell and Monogram used the same molds. However, the Galactica really sucks. She's the worst injection kit I've ever seen. There is a paper model of her out there which is much more sophisticated (RB built it: http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170928&highlight=galactica
) but it is a bit small for me. I'd like to put a bigger version of her beside the Sulaco. Just thinking..! :rolleyes:

Z

Zathros

Didn't you just cut this stuff out around 10 minutes ago, and now it's already glued together!! :)

tjbmurph

I'm kinda sad that this is coming to an end; it's been an amazing journey. Thank you for sharing and inspiring us with your talent!

MAC99

Great Thread

This the most interesting and fun thread I have read, rime?
Great model!!!!! :thumb:

I hope I will come close to your skill and build prowess when I build.

I have been wondering, is there a way to view all the attachments at the same time?

MAC

rgmarine

Thanks for all the great photos. They will be very helpful when I take on this beauty. Your skills are fantastic.