USS Sulaco / Aliens

BradAmeerBeg

Feb 18, 2009
WOW! Ok, that answers ALL my questions. Your reasoning was completely logical and concise, sure you're not a Vulcan? (LOL) Anyway, thank you very much, I like 731 m. And if nothing else it totally puts her majesty into perspective, which was what I was looking for in the first place.
Thanks again, now don't let me distract you any further, I'm dying to build one!
Cheers.sign1

silent_lord

Aug 15, 2008
vid is so cool, loving the music. thats one of reasons Aliens was so good, the music fitted it perfectly.

defo best looking Sulaco ive seen! and theres quite a few out there.

also on a side note jan, will the amazing colony started on your site be finished? as what you have made avaliable now is amazing and its like torture when you see all the other parts you might be adding. :p

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
Hi Jan!:wave:

I like the video and also your video about your MGS4 rail gun and the Terminator hunter killer tank:eek::eek::eek: Is there a release date for both models?

Greetings
Marko

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
D-Whale: MGS4 railgun and HunterKiller Tank vids means one thing. The 3d model is finished for unfolding ...nothing more....if there will ne some time I have ready those models for next work.:thumb:...the video is like a bonus , minor product from developing the papercraft.:mrgreen:

Well ...new thing happend:rolleyes:

I´ve started to working with the Pepakura Designer 2 finally.
The old tenkai served good ,but uss Sulaco need something special....:mrgreen:

The work with it is more easier as i noticed....
the unfolding, rotating and positioning the pieces , scale management and exporting options.....

I´ve started with...

069.jpg

....right antenna array:thumb:
....and automaticly unfolded...:eek:ops:

070.jpg

the basic color is aplicated to the model for easier texturing...later in paint shop pro...the resolution will be the same as usual before in my papercrafts ..72DPI.
but with little differennce....there will be smooth edges and nice flaps on the pieces :mrgreen:.....as were exported from pepakura into bitmap sheet.:thumb:
negative or longer part is that placing, rotating and flapping the pieces into the sheets in pepakura .but the result (exported bitmap) is better than sheets i have before wall1.
.....and one picture from pepakura.....this one was printsceened 4 HOURS after the automatic unfold (picture above)....

071.jpg

it seems that allmost nothing happend:rolleyes:....one thing....notice that dimensions situated in right downer corner...u will see the real dimensions of the unfolded group of objects...so the antenna array will be 29.6cm x 38.2cm x 11.3 cm:twisted:

more soon.....:p

NYC Irish

Apr 26, 2004
Cork Ireland
Jan I bow to your talent and thank you so much for sharing your work with us, It isa real honor to be part of a hobby that shares so much with so many with only simple thanks as a possible reward...

Here it is....THANKS JAN...

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
thanks for reactions...:thumb:

I ve competed the unfolting of the antenna array...it taked 9 hours:confused:
...terrible work:mrgreen:

so ..I jumped into ...side plate with that SULACO logo directly:rolleyes:

and ...here it is: in scale of the finished papercraft:wave:

sulaco-real.jpg

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
I saw the Alien 3 moment ago and started thinking:mrgreen:...

The texture of the sulaco from this movie will be great....and cost a little.
Just changing the color scheme...and the text will be white..only.hmmm:confused:
well.....Better to have 2 ships instead of one.:rolleyes:

...OK no more words...here is known side plate with both color schemes.
Aliens - blue one
Alien3 - brown one

sulaco-bok.jpg

(texture is scaled down to 56%)

its great how easy u can change the whole ship...:rolleyes:

and thinking continues....:mrgreen:

There were two conestoga class ships in the Alien 3. U remember that science vessel who landed into Fiorina 161? Yeah ..second conestoga....
..The Patna

patna-bok.jpg

from now on we have 2 ships with 2 colors chemes...so 4 building chances :thumb::mrgreen:

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
i am a great ALIENS FAN too.:mrgreen::thumb:
But i take ALIEN3 for mercy because of EEV UNIT and masked Sulaco.:rolleyes:...
...I hope there is some Alien3 SULACO and PATNA fan too:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
================================

I saw another conestoga class ship in Colonial Marines comix 1993...
It´s name was MELVILLE......have someone interest?:mrgreen::rolleyes:

melville-bok.jpg

but the ship in the comix is little modified...so the silhouettes of both ships have little differences....:p

syluety.jpg

back to the Sulaco...that´s the major thing....:wave:

THE USS RÜKR sounds great:rolleyes:.....have someone interest for that side plate:mrgreen:.....I am open for any kind of ideas.....:twisted:

btw....have someone clue about the eev units"hangar" location?...where can be situated?...i think somewhere in the front of the ship..on the belly maybe?...:confused:

BradAmeerBeg

Feb 18, 2009
USS Mousemuffins sounds better, you need to lay off of the cough syrup.sign1

Has anyone noticed the significance of the Sulaco being the 13th Conestoga class ship, sent off on a suicide mission, only to be left floating in space abandoned and derelict? wall1

BradAmeerBeg

Feb 18, 2009
[
btw....have someone clue about the eev units"hangar" location?...where can be situated?...i think somewhere in the front of the ship..on the belly maybe?...:confused:[/quote]

There maybe a refference to the eeralloctaion of this in the CMTM, even though we have all agreed that that Manual is merely a refference an not Canon, it would be a good place to start, me thinks.