USS Sulaco / Aliens

Marco Scheloske

I got unfinished parts of the engine for a kind of beta-build (thanks a lot, Jan!), this is the result:

P1040542.jpg

P1040546.jpg

Then came the critical moment: Will magnets I want to use to attach the engine to the middle hull be strong enough so that I don't need an additional stand for it? See by yourself:

P1040550.jpg

In fact the magnets are that strong that I needed a little dull knife to be able to seperate the engine from the hull! Should be strong enough to hold it in place when all remaining parts are mounted to the tube, too. :cool:

Kjev

Great idea! I'm working on an Ebbles miniatures Jotun (a mecha) where I'm attaching the limbs with magnets so it can be semi-poseable, or suffer battle damage. I never thought to use them for support.

Definitely an idea to file away!

Marco Scheloske

Very cool. It came just in time to answer some questions that raised during my beta build regarding some smaller parts at the heat exchanger.

Marco Scheloske

I'm curious how many attempts I will need for the detail parts on the lower side of the engine... I see myself cutting through the tiny paper parts over and over again... :mrgreen:

Alien99

Papercraft Member
FINALLY, after 4 painfull years the U.S.S.SULACO papercraft in 1:430 scale is finished. The project is closing....Final parts has been released 8)

project-finished.png

http://WWW.SULACO.CZ

YOU CAN BUILD FOR YOURSELF THE STUDIO SCALE MODEL OF THIS AMAZING SHIP

..FOR FREE :lol::thumb:

HAPPY XMAS :wave:

Shipscape

Jan,

WOW, Thank you for a fantastic project.:wave7:

This looks like it out of this world.:grin:

Now to download and print for a future build.

Merry Christmas to you.

Regards,
Fred