USS Sulaco / Aliens

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
hi there,
Long time I didn´t reply....:mrgreen:

Because there is lots of work to do instead of Sulaco, but don´t worry It still have priority No.1...The side cannons are boring me, so I´ve started the Top railgun - probably most difficult piece of the Sulaco...:mrgreen:.

progress116.jpg

progress117.jpg

the second picture shows some minor pieces of ..........:rolleyes::rolleyes:...engine exhaust:thumb:

firebat

Jan 1, 2010
guadalajara mexico
boys, the mini dropship download link is broken or semething, i've tried to download it for 3 days whit no success.

if some one want to send it to me:roll1:
my mail is
ghost_weber @ live.com.mx
thanks a lot, and keep working on the dream:wave:

racc00n

Mar 7, 2010
Golden, Colorado
Hi, Jan. I've been a fan of your work for some time, and am relatively new to Zealot, so I'm still finding things. This is great work, and along with everyone else, I'm now watching for the next installment! Let me also take this opportunity to say "thanks!" for the models you've already done as well.
jon

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
some minor update of last progress...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

OK...:twisted:..the main engine exhaust is finished :thumb:
...pictures follows

progress120.jpg

main engines noozles...with reticles

progress121.jpg

main engine core with flaps is finished :cool:

progress122.jpg

with other pats:twisted:

progress123.jpg

finished engine. (the part group 27 - the last one on the model :rolleyes:)

progress124.jpg

another view with detail ...and the dropship .....the engine must be really big in real scale :eek:

46PROCENT.jpg

the progress looks really good sign1

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
Are there any stats anywhere on the Sulaco? I seriously can't see that enormous ship hauling just 1 piddily squad of marines, an APC, and a dropship.

And is there ever any mention of other types of ships? Fighters, carriers, destroyers, and so forth? Jan's got me wondering now with his excellent rendition.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
There is a book called the Colonial Marines Technical Manual. I had it at one time but no more I'm afraid.

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
there are 6 hangars for CARGO or other ships.
The landing procedure of the docking ship is supported with the crane structure which is on the rails placed longwise the sulaco hull.

hangars.jpg

Syd Mead - the creator of the sulaco says:

The SULACO, in my mind, was again basically a commercial freighter with a military contingent onboard to confront the ALIEN threat. I designed the overall exterior of the ship with its row of LOADING DOORS down the side replete with a gantry that supported a traveling loading crane, the power plant at the rear end and two HUGE gun-like fixtures on each side that could be for defense, whatever.

The article was taken from the DEN OF GEEK page.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/287191/the_spaceships_of_syd_mead_by_syd_mead.html

_____________________________________________ :rolleyes:

About the crew and number of the travellers.:wave:.....It was discussed here a few posts earlier..according to number of EEV´s the USS SULACO can carry up to 100 people.:mrgreen: