USS Sulaco / Aliens

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Hi Jan!
Amazig work :thumb: but where is the Dropship :mrgreen: No, just a joke!

Can you say, how many sites the model has up to now and how many it will have?

Greeting
Marko

Alien99

Papercraft Member
I am on 46 pages in this point.:eek:

If this number represents 23% of the whole model ,then the final papercraft will have 200 pages of A4 ...or so...:eek::eek::eek:.

IF this is not suitable for u, then u can make model in 75% of MY scale.
Its easy...put 2 sheets on one paper..like this:

format.jpg

S

SJPONeill

That torsion problem is the reason why I avoid water based glues for my paper models.

I use always the german "UHU", a solvent based glue. It comes in a tube (for smaller parts) as well as in a large stick form (used for large parts). No problem with torsion / bending since I use only this stuff.

So do I however when I last stocked up on the UHU tube glue, I also got a bottle of UHU glue which it turns out is different in that it is 'solvent-free' and does cause warping when drying on larger surfaces...so it may pay to watch your UHUs...

Nosports

I am on 46 pages in this point.:eek:

If this number represents 23% of the whole model ,then the final papercraft will have 200 pages of A4 ...or so...:eek::eek::eek:.

So we better plant some trees while building this monster - just in case your sibiling wouldn't kill us ;-)

Marco Scheloske

I`m working in the printing business, and at the moment I`m very, very happy that I have free access to a Xerox Docucolor 250 digital offset printing press... :mrgreen:

Alien99

Papercraft Member
the "tree killer" is here with a new piscs of progress :mrgreen:
the dropship is there too:mrgreen: (for D-WHALE).:twisted:

Two antennas are comleted:thumb:

progress042.jpg

other side

progress043.jpg

...more soon..:twisted:

Master-Bruce

WOW! What you're doing to your Sulaco is exactly how I intended to do mine. The texture, the parts, the everything! :)

I just ran out of steam along the way. You dedication to this model is simply amazing! Beautiful work Jan! ;)

Master-Bruce

I bet, it's just such an amazing model so far. Jan and Claudio are who I looked up to in model design when I first discovered the hobby. In fact, Aliens Papercraft was the first papercraft website I found. I was looking for a Dropship model kit and stumbled across Jans site. LOL!

Anyway, great work bro!

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
I had the same way, but my first model was the M-41!

What i can not believe is, that Jan has no job as a commercial designerwall1

Nosports

Environmental friendly

the "tree killer" is here with a new piscs of progress :mrgreen:
the dropship is there too:mrgreen: (for D-WHALE).:twisted:

Two antennas are comleted:thumb:

I see you let some trees alive ?

Or do you plan some boost-packs to build the antennas with more detail ?