Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the forum.

This ship looks AMAZING!!!
Please post more photos!!!

I just went through the build thread that you posted on the Polish website. I have to say that the time, effort, energy, and work that you put into this shop is BEYOND BELIEF!
It is a true testament to your skills and talents!
I look forward to seeing more of your work!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask. We will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

marlonzg10

Dec 6, 2013
Cheltenham U.K
Hi there thank you for your warm welcome;)I will do my best to put more pics with comments in the meantime if you have any questions about assembly this model feel free to ask;)Basically the model is finished in 95% but that remaining 5% will take a some time..;))As i`m very busy a at work..
Best regards.

marlonzg10

Dec 6, 2013
Cheltenham U.K
Ok i fired up my time machine so i can take you 2 yrs back from now..;)to see the beginning of the project;)First of all i produce the front page of the model kit .Then you can see the frames + landing deck glued onto 2mm thick cardboard i left it all for couple of days to let the glue bond properly.
And obviously everything was cut out throughly.

marlonzg10

Dec 6, 2013
Cheltenham U.K
Right cos we got weekend i did manage to get some time to catch up ;)
The model is huge lenght is 5 `2 feet (160 cm) width 1 feet ( is about 35 cm)
These dimensions can cause problems with maintaining symmetry of the Hull
Before final assembly of the hull frames, made ​​sure that all the frames are matched i call it "DRY FIT" which means non glue...

marlonzg10

Dec 6, 2013
Cheltenham U.K
Ok let`s roll on..this is how i have sorted out the assembly of the hull frames;)In this case the hull is divided into 2 sections which is quite common for card models of the ships, to hold it still used an smooth long board just simply pinned down bottom section of the hull to the board and then glued up all the frames together of course making sure all is symmetrical;)

marlonzg10

Dec 6, 2013
Cheltenham U.K
I waited a few days to let the glue hardened and repeated the same process with a top section of the hull .Once both sections were ready i did the same thing using a board to get glue both sections together:mrgreen:

marlonzg10

Dec 6, 2013
Cheltenham U.K
After a week of waiting...had to make sure the hull will remain stable...i filled up the bottom section with expanding foam to improve the durability and stability of the ship .You have to be very careful doing it cos foam could cause frames deformed..making your ship..little bit curved..;)

marlonzg10

Dec 6, 2013
Cheltenham U.K
This is one of many methods you can use to do the bottom plating in card models, in mine case i decided to paint everything which i believe is the best option ;) for such a huge model;)

Little sample of the rust effect;))

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Some one else did a gigantic Carrier as well http://www.carrierbuilders.net/ That carrier is in this site, click on gallery and then carriers, Type in the Enterprise in the search box for a very good size 1/72 scale ship. And the site is also a great source of reference material. Over at the Smithsonian, there is also another super sized carrier too. I think that scale is 1/6 with hellcats and other TBFs on board. Great looking carrier. Thanks for sharing, and waiting to see more.:thumb: