USS Phobos

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Paragon, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Before the Akira was designed, before NX-01 "ripped off" the Akira design, someone from the FASA game makers decided a "catamaran" style hull was very original and interesting for starship design. One of the miniatures available was the Loknar class starship, which was esentially the saucer and engines of the Constitution class with an odd twin-hull design.

Phobos is an adaptation of the Loknar class, what it would look like if it had been canon, and had been deemed fit for refit at around the same time as the Constitution class was.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She's already available on my website in the Star Trek section. It only took a night to design the catamarans and replace the registries on the parts from the Enterprise.
  2. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

wasent that one of the ships in "Of Gods and Men"?
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Apparently it was. I've never seen OG&M, but I did a few google searches and it did seem the two were related.
  4. THE DC

THE DC Member

Okay, I get it...

I have to watch your site often. The ships are developing quicker than tribbles!

The DC
  5. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

whats next for paragon?
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Right now I'm working on an alternate Enterprise "reboot", a model of GC Koerner's design, which I really think should have been used in the movie instead of the one they recently revealed.

After that, it could possibly be the official new Enterprise...if I can learn to like it a little more.......
  7. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

that would be great