USS Monitor anniversary model

Printer

Papermodelers.com wouldn't allow me to post a link to this on that site so I'm hoping that Zealot will.

I'm de-lurking because I ran across a 1/144 model of John Ericssons USS Monitor.

http://monitor.noaa.gov/150th/proposals.html

The link to the PDF is at the bottom right.

Best of luck
The Printer

screw the rivets, I build for atmosphere.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Papermodelers.com wouldn't allow me to post a link to this on that site so I'm hoping that Zealot will.

I'm de-lurking because I ran across a 1/144 model of John Ericssons USS Monitor.

http://monitor.noaa.gov/150th/proposals.html

The link to the PDF is at the bottom right.

Best of luck
The Printer

screw the rivets, I build for atmosphere.

I won't bother going into the why and wont's of the first part of your statement, but Thank You for posting this link to a piece of history. Some preview pics below. :)

Attachments

• M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 109
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 106

RocketmanTan

I built this model a few years ago; one of my favorite designs - simple, accurate, and all the parts go together nicely! If only the cropping on the file were better, though :mrgreen:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I built this model a few years ago; one of my favorite designs - simple, accurate, and all the parts go together nicely! If only the cropping on the file were better, though :mrgreen:

I cropped it as they are only preview pictures from the .pdf. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for posting this link. It is a good tidbit of American history. Not only that, but the model looks good as well.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator

OOhh! Now I know what you mean. I guess the Gov overspending has caused cutbacks in the most unusual cutbacks and trimming!:eek:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Well, I fixed it but for some reason cannot upload any models!?! Working on that, till then see next post. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
O.K., this may ruffle the feathers of some, but unless you are the government, stay ruffled. I have fixed the model and have uploaded it here

The file name is USS Monitor fixed.zip

Attachments

• MonitorFix.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 34

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
O.K., this may ruffle the feathers of some, but unless you are the government, stay ruffled. I have fixed the model and have uploaded it here

The file name is USS Monitor fixed.zip

Thanks Zathros! No feathers ruffled here!

fishBait

Yea, I found it and built it during my recovery from surgery. Nice little model. I designed and made the cover for the turrant and added it. The wire I used for the struts were way too big, but were the smallest I had. Could not leave the house (doctors orders) so I used them.

Have touched up the seams with paint since the pictures were taken, looks better now.

Attachments

• p000b.jpg
    p000b.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 18
  • p000c.jpg
    p000c.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 18