uss Grissom build pics.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
well this was the first paper model I ever saw. its what got me into paper modeling. but I have been intimidated by it and then, well other projects took priority. but I did it! here are the pics. I know there is a lot of glue, I do not use superglues, I use hot glue because I get really sick from acetate. so I build for the experience , some kind of buddastic realist I suppose. oh well.

http://imgur.com/a/RH3Oe

spaceagent-9

thanks! I gotta figure out a better way to glue , or to heat up and smooth out the hot glue. on camera it really looks horrible, but just looking at it, its not too bad.
I was wondering while building this, if the secondary hull could be dropped and a weapons attachment be added. yeah! thanks for that comment and pic!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Instead of hot glue, have you tried Aleen's Tacky glue, or regular white glue?
Another suggestion is Super Glue. Not only problem with it is that you will have to deal with the fumes and use it sparingly.

spaceagent-9

I could try white glues again. my skills up to it the first time. the allergy is actually a skin contact type of allergy and the fumes make it worse. im afraid all those years of plastic modeling cause that to happen. I will try some aleens. thanks!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, you can UHU glue from Michael's Craft Stores, or have it sent to your home through Amazon. UHU is the best. I also use ZIP DRY. Between these two glues, you are set. ZIP DRY is much stronger. You can glue metal railings to cardboard, if you are careful and smart about it. ZIP DRY is Lignen Free, meaning, it will not ever yellow on you, as I believe UHU is too.

UHU Glue, 20 Grams for around $6.00, goes a long way (I like the tubes)= http://www.amazon.com/Glue-Sticks-U...=UTF8&qid=1394600576&sr=8-3&keywords=UHU+Glue

41byHfs%2BF-L.jpg

ZIP DRY= 2 0z. (56 Grams around $7.50)also goes a long way. http://www.amazon.com/Beacon-Zip-Pa...e=UTF8&qid=1394600705&sr=8-1&keywords=ZIP+DRY

447227.jpg

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
maybe i should be a UHU dealer? :rolleyes:

in Germany the cost for an UHU "flinke Flasche" (like "fast bottle") is max. 3,50 Euro for 90 grams! thats approx. 4,90 dollars! okay, with shipping it would be more, but worth!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
@D-WHALE Here in Poland UHU glue (for the same size tube as what Zathros posted) is about 7 PLN (which is about 1.6 Euros. So even less than what you can get it there.). So it is fairly cheap here. So if you live anywhere near Poland, take a weekend trip (with the family) and stop at Carrefour and stock up on it.

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
... So if you live anywhere near Poland, take a weekend trip (with the family) and stop at Carrefour and stock up on it.

that´s funny! because i didnt know, that you live in Poland, and you didnt know, that i live 3km from the river "Oder" (Odra)! też mówię troche po polsku! and i was often in Gryfino at Modelik! But it is not more so cheap like it was 3 or 4 years ago!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately, I do not understand Polish.
I life in Wroclaw. I am a private English teacher here.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
We also eat it here, it is considered a delicacy. Hmmm..........Glue......:confused: