USS Arizona Memorial

inky

I got to thinking the other night that I have never seen an USS Arizona Memorial so I got busy and designed one.

The base is a screen shot from Google maps and prints out on 8.5 x 11.

Sorry I didn't get a picture of it with a cube. The monument is pretty small but easy to build, the other pieces of the build are kinda trick to work with but are doable.

I have added this to the downloads section.

Attachments

• uss arizona memorial.jpg
    uss arizona memorial.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 26
  • uss arizona memorial (1).jpg
    uss arizona memorial (1).jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 22
Z

Zathros

I think this is beautiful. Have you considered contacting the Foundation and sharing them with this. I think every person who goes to that monument would grab one of these. A brilliant spark of Genius!:thumb:

inky

I think this is beautiful. Have you considered contacting the Foundation and sharing them with this. I think every person who goes to that monument would grab one of these. A brilliant spark of Genius!:thumb:

HMMMMMMMM I might have to look into that. Make a nice little book and have a write up and history about the memorial with pictures and then have the card model, it might work my dear Watson.

Looked all over the downloads section and couldn't find it. In younger days, I've stood on the Arizona Memorial twice. It's quite a moving experience, and am not ashamed to say it brought tears to my eyes both times. Thanks for a beautiful model.

Z

Zathros

I have never seen the Micromodels model, being a big fan of FREE models, I tend to just stick with them. :)

Inky, it *is* worth it. Knowing that there are sailors below you, well..... It's hard to describe. You're above a graveyard. Mom will never talk about it, but we're sure she lost someone there, that day.

Agree with you Zathros, I *like* freebies too! There is an Arizone Memorial on the site. I was just curious about Micromodels, knowing they started in the early 40's. Somewhere around here, have a some reprints of a couple of their sailing ships. Quite small in size. Have *no* idea where I got'em.