Using Dcc, How Can I Hook Up Lights To My Turnouts To Signal Which Direction.

DWeiler

Oct 18, 2002
Lakemoor, IL
Visit site
Try again

Last try for the pics

Dennis

Attachments

• misc 028bc.jpg
    misc 028bc.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 68
  • misc 022a.jpg
    misc 022a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 64
  • train 043b.jpg
    train 043b.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 63
  • misc 026a.jpg
    misc 026a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 59

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
Believe it or not i got it from other gauger's!!! They helped me design the track plan!! I have it in right track 7 and the person who helped me says i can send it to you if you want it. You can also take a look at this thread to see where the track plan started and how it's progressed into a layout:

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=26923

I've also talked w/ another gauger (Why Me) who suggested i use passing tracks on the outside of the loop instead of the x in the middle. I can see where he has a point after running the trains there is a some complexity in the middle that i had to work out w/ yet still more help form gauge members :) on the reversing sections in the middle.

Lastly i am modifiying part of the layout to include a change in elevation and a potential link into another "module" in the future.

The folks here at the gauge are AWESOME!! They have some great ideas aren't afraid to tell you what the think and they have a ton of experience!!! So if you have a question be certain someone here has an answer ahhahahaa. :thumb:

planeshavings42 said:
Hello Marlon, and thank's again for your super input on the snap relay information, I have 12 on order I was able to find on eBay. I have to ask where you got your plan for your 4 X 8 Layout, it appears to be a super slick layout, and I am planning another 4 X 8 expansion to my layout soon, could you let me know where you found it, and what plan you are following. Thank's again for your very informative input to my thread on the turnout light wireing help for Atlas Snap Switch's. Duane Hampton "Keep On Tootin" AT&SF Duey E-Mail: planeshavings42@gmail.com

:wave: :wave:

Attachments

• gauge.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 11

DWeiler

Oct 18, 2002
Lakemoor, IL
Visit site
Cat 5

I used Cat 5 cables for everything except the bus wires. I ran Cat 5 wires to the switches and the remaining 4 wires were tied to terminal blocks under the top near the switches. I then ran the terminal blocks back to the main board to another set of teriminal blocks for later use for lighting or accessories. I did run the swithes back to terminal blocks also and then to the control panel which made it easier to hook up the snap relays for the LED's. The actually electrical board can be swung back up under the layout and hooks in place when not needed.

Dennis

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
That is a really good idea :), i've got tons of that stuff laying about.

You don't have any issue w/ current drop over longer runs w/ the switch machines?

DWeiler said:
I used Cat 5 cables for everything except the bus wires. I ran Cat 5 wires to the switches and the remaining 4 wires were tied to terminal blocks under the top near the switches. I then ran the terminal blocks back to the main board to another set of teriminal blocks for later use for lighting or accessories. I did run the swithes back to terminal blocks also and then to the control panel which made it easier to hook up the snap relays for the LED's. The actually electrical board can be swung back up under the layout and hooks in place when not needed.

Dennis

Travellar

May 2, 2007
Maybe I should build a control board...
Problem is, I'm in N-scale, using snap switches, and don't always trust my switches to throw correctly! Alas, building tiny sets of contacts to reveal their actual position will have to wait till I fix everything else.