Used Delorean Wanted, Running or Not

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
As a result of a suggestion made by a fellow modeler, I have decided I must find an HO scale Delorean. I've spent some time looking on the web, but haven't been able to find one at 1/87th scale. Best I can do is 1/66. Anybody know where I can get one? It doesn't have to run.
Thanks, Doc

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Actually, in a way it does. I'm modeling a start up line running between the cow towns of Bovee' and Defiance, in the western USA, circa 1880. I'm also employing a good dose whimsey and figured the rear end of a modified Delorean sticking out of a barn would be an interesting scene to model. Unfortunately, I don't think one is/has been made in HO. I may have to scratch build one.
Doc

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Couldn't you place your 'Back to the Future' diorama detail in the foreground, while the RR track passes in the background?
This way you had a sort of forced perspective, like some of us use to do with N scale structures in the background of a HO layout.

In this case your barn should be built in 1/66 scale, too. But that's almost exactly S scale (1:64) - perhaps there are appropriate kits around if you don't want to build the barn from scratch. Perhaps the LPBs could be a problem - or are there S scale plastic people around?

I think this is a really funny idea for a Western diorama! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ron