USAF Weapons

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by gkcooper, Sep 30, 2009.

1. gkcooper

gkcooper New Member

I am a former Air Force Weapons troop and I was wondering if anyone made a card-model set of modern aircraft weapons. I worked on A-10s so I am particularly interested in the Maverick, AIM-9 Sidewinder, JDAM, GBU, and basically any "dumb" iron bomb or cluster bomb.
    I would love to do a display with an array of everything that flies on the Warthog with fact sheets and stands.
  2. Specter84

Specter84 New Member

I'd like to reply, but can't

Cooper, I'd reply, but...

I need 15 posts to PM you...

And the info you are looking for is on a site which is partially free and partially pay, so I can't post the site address.

If you PM me with your email, I'll tell you where to go. :mrgreen: Well, err, you know what I mean.

Specter (910 SPS)
  3. Coot59

Coot59 Member

4. Specter84

Specter84 New Member

nice site, coot. Although I would definitely recommend not making that rocket-propelled Sidewinder TOO big, or fly TOO high!! hehehe
  5. PloniAlmoni

PloniAlmoni New Member

ML Card Models (www papermodels co il, distributor of ModelArt kits), might have something. They have AIM-7L Sparrow, AIM_9F Sidewinder, Mk-82, Mk-82 Sneakeye, Mk-20 Rockeye, GBU-10 and maybe a Maverick (not sure about it). All in 1/32 scale. But they are included in the various kits they offer. In the future, they might put them together in one kit.
  6. Coot59

Coot59 Member

7. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Me too!

GK!

I have been neglecting this forum for a while, so now (with winter modeling weather closing in), I have found this thread.

I am also a former weapons mechanic (bomb loader) but my time of service was back in the 1970's before JDAMs. I did load mavericks, sidewinders, sparrows, GBUs, various CBUs.

What scale are you thinking for your display? What I would love is to find enough references to design a model of an MJ-1 jammer ;)
  8. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

I hope nothing don't mind me posting this, try his site http://thedimensionofnothing.com/ look under the 'free paper misc' tab near the top of the page there is a 1/10 scale sidewinder and a 1/10 scale AMRAAM missile.
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thanks paul just read this and was thinking of mentioning it.