US rolling stock manufacturer

Tobi

Hello,
this is my first thread. I have a HO Marklin modelling and I want to build a US scenery, but Marklin doesn't sells a lot of US rolling stock.
So my question is, what kind of manufacturer in the USA is on a par with Marklin ? And what manufacturer is cheap anf good ?
Thank you for yours Answer(s) and sorry for my bad english :)

If you are looking for great detail right out of the box I would suggest Atlas, mind you they are pricey. (read 20+ USD per car)

If you dont mind a bit of detailing work to get them up to the "standard" of the Atlas models then go for either the MDC (Blueprint series is great detail but REALLY tiny parts that break easily) or the good ole Athearn "Blue Box" kits

I recently bought an Athearn Ready to Run high rise boxcar that already had individually aplied ladders, brake wheels and steps on it for less that 15 dollars so those may be a good option for you as well.

mykroft

For European-style Ready-to-run you have a few choices.

For locomotives, Athearn Genesis, Kato, Atlas and Proto2000/Proto1000 are the best. Stewart and Intermountain are good as well. Kato and P2K require a little assembly (Grabs and Railings). Atrhearn Blue-Box and RTR are lower-quality but still good.

For Rolling Stock, There's Atlas, Athearn Genesis, Intermountain, Kadee and Proto2000. Walthers also has a large selection as does Athearn RTR, but these are lower-quality.

Rolling stock is also available as kits. Branchline Blueprint is tops for fully painted Kits, and Proto2000 is also good, if a little more fragile. Accurail, Branchline Yardmaster and Intermountain are mid-range. Athearn Blue-box and MDC are good if crudely detailed and often fictional.