Urgent advice needed please

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by an "entrance flap", but cutting rails on curves is no biggie... Just make sure that you cut perpendicular to the rails so you do not end up with a skewed joint.

Andrew

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Mike, do you mean you are planning to make some sort of lift out or lift up section so you can access your layout? I can see how cutting one where straight tracks are located would be easier...any one done it on a curve?
Ralph

Why me

Mar 29, 2004
london uk
Visit site
Hi Ralph my lift up will be like a draw bridge going up and down made the mistake of track going around bends the only opition open to me is to cut the track on the bend for the lift up to open and close for access hope i explained a little more.mike

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Mike...

Sorry I did not get that. I have seen lift-outs with curved track, but don't know if the curve would impose any extra considerations for a draw-bridge arrangement. And disregard my comment about cutting perpendicular - that won't help you here... :rolleyes:

Andrew

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Putting in a liftout in the middle of a curve is do-able, you will have to go the extra bit to insure constant alignment of the track. I definitely recommend making your cuts square across the rails. Perhaps some form of tapered alignment pin/receptacle on the liftout would help keep the track lined up.
Pete.