Urgent!!! Acela Catenary !!!!

pierce

How should i go about setting up catenary for my friends n-scale Acela Layout. We are have ing open house NEXT WEEKEND!! Thats means the catenary must be workin flawlessly!! Will the Vallmer Set work http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/770-8040 Or Should it be scratchbuild?? How much would it take to do 30ft of track?? HELP!!

Pooh Bah
Pierce:
When I was in N (over 20 years ago), I had a set of Vollmer (or Faller or somebody) catenary and it seemed to work OK -- all I ran under it was a GG1 and a Fleischman something.
It probably doesn't look like corridor cat., but that may not matter.
Don't know how many sets -- one set didn't have that much in it and it was only 6 or 8 inches between masts. Being German, it probably costs like the deuce.
Note that the posts have 2 lengths of suspension brackets -- you alternate them so the contact wire moves fron side to side and doesn't wear a groove in the pantograph.
(best answer I can give -- you sounded as if you need info fast.)

pierce

Thanks, 60103 I needed it so fast well wasnt becoause of me Josh my friend that has the layout was so set in haveing the Acela running before i had my lyout up and running. He typed that not me.:D