Upset with Search

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Sorry to be a drag, but what has happened has been a drag.

So I logged on today and went to the "New Posts" link and was pleased to see there was 62 posts since my last visit.

I only had read 3 of them when my wife asked me to make her a cup of tea. So I turned away from the computer for a few min to make tea for her.

When I came back, my screen saver was activated and for some reason my browser had closed.

Now when I go to search for all those interesting new posts, they are lost to me. I tried using the search option to find the lost posts and I can't make it find them.

Has this happened to you? How can a person find resent posts, or am I S.O.L. This has made me, well, an unhappy clown.

Can anyone help? Is there a way of doing it?

TrainClown :curse:

F

Fred_M

While I can't help ypu with the search part TC, you can go to the main page and open each forum and the threads you haven't read are bold and they are arranged in order so you can always find them. That's how I do it when that happens to me. Fred

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Hi TC. This has happened to me several times. :( :( What I do now is open each page, click "file" in the line above the address bar, and save each page to a "Gauge" file I created on my hard drive. I can then go through them at my leasure and when the "no files under that search" message shows up I simply go to that file and pick up where I left off. You lose the ability to go to the last read, but at least I can still view them. When I'm done I just delete them and am ready for the next time. :thumb:
Hope this helps.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, Fred. I hadn't thought of that.

Clark, that's a great idea. That's something I can do in a moment if I have to leave the machine.

Thank you very much for your help, guys. This will help me be a happy clown. :D

TrainClown ;)

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
This is my post the break the 666.

My fave engine in Devil's Gorge.

TrainClown,s fish tank display project. ;) :wave:
aat.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
jon-monon said:
Nice lokey, Chris!

I believe after 15 minutes of inactivity, what was considered new is reset as old. So Fred and Clarks advice is you best bet.
It is possible to have everything go to "read" status if you take too long to write a post as well. I've had that happen where I started a reply, got sidetracked and when I finished and posted the message, all the little arrows had disappeared by threads with new posts in them that I hadn't got to read yet.

I for one don't go to the "new message" section, rather, I prefer to go down each forum section to see what's new there.