Upgrading an Athearn BB F45

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Here she is in green & black. Now, its on to decaling, installing handrails, windows and then touching up any paint that needs it. Then off to the "weathering shop".:mrgreen:

F45paint2.jpg

F45paint3.jpg

F45paint4.jpg

F45paint5.jpg

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Wow...!! I'm not a diesel fan...but I know excellent work when I see it...!! That's some mighty fine detailing, done with terrific skills. Like many here, I wish I could do that (on steamers, of course...). Looking forward to seeing the finished product...!!! :thumb:

sd80mac

Jul 5, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
It's been three years since someone has posted to this thread...

Anyhow, I have four BN F45 that were undergoing a similar tranformation. I finished one, and it is still sitting in white primer more than six or seven years later. Once Athearn anoounced a new F45 I lost interest and end up gettingthree or four of the new ones. The modeler in me continues to beckon me to finish them, and most likely I'll pick up the mantle somewhere down the line.

Donnell

inky

Jun 24, 2011
Coast of S. Texas
Looking good Dan. I was going to say I have the exact engine but went out to the barn and dug mine out and it is the FP40P Burlington Northern #9987. Seeing this post makes me wanna upgrade my engines. I also have the Burlington Northern GP38-2 Locomotive #2098 and the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Santa Fe ALCO RS-11 Diesel Dual Drive.[/FONT]

diesel

Aug 29, 2005
NYC
www.empirevalleyrr.org
Hey Dan! I almost didn't click on this thread cause I'm not a big F45 fan. But, I was surprised as I didn't notice it was your post til I clicked either! Anyway, nice job on that as your work always is!

Dan