Update photos of the ACT

Bill Pontin

Fantastic Mike! GREAT LAYOUT -I am especially impressed with the artwork on the skyboards. Your backgrounds provide so much depth. Should compliment the photographer as well.

fifer

Thanks Bill , I did the photography and all I can say is what my dad used to say
" Best girl I could get with the car I had " , but thanks.
I also combined commercial backdrops and some of my own painting and the above quote would also apply to my ability.
Mike :wave: :wave:

fifer

Thanks Ty and Ken, I am really looking for some constructive criticisum and ideas as I am kinda stuck in neutral right now.

Thanks Guys , Mike :wave:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I dunno Mike, its hard to provide constructive criticism for a layout that is so nicely done! I suppose there might always be room for little detailed mini scenes with people along the road and rails. Maybe a cement company employee on that neatly done stairway...a couple more desert brush plants on the dry hillsides, a broken telegraph pole supported by a new one...that sort of thing..... A very nice looking layout and an inspiration to the rest of us!

Ralph

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Only thing I can think to add is some protesters that are complaining about the RR building so close to an ancient archeological site (which is a very nice touch :thumb: ). :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anachron

I really like your progress! it's awesome!
But I wonder, what code have you used on your track? it looks neat :)

fifer

Thanks Mike , Not quite as ambisious an effort as yours but it keeps me busy :wave: .
Thanks Mike , Mike :thumb:

Gee Mike, having seen the variety of projects on your layout and the precision with which you've built it, I wouldn't even dream of suggesting any form of constructive criticism.
How to you find the time to make such a good job of such a massive undertaking?
:D You even chose the right area to model (BNSF !! :D ) ok ok, so it's Sante Fe but who's counting?
Well done sir! :thumb:

Errol

Ralph said:
I dunno Mike, its hard to provide constructive criticism for a layout that is so nicely done! I suppose there might always be room for little detailed mini scenes with people along the road and rails. Maybe a cement company employee on that neatly done stairway...a couple more desert brush plants on the dry hillsides, a broken telegraph pole supported by a new one...that sort of thing..... A very nice looking layout and an inspiration to the rest of us!

Ralph

Ok, let's try, it looks really nice, but could you make it bigger! :D ;)

fifer

Thanks Chris , The bridge is a Rix and each piece was hand bent to make the arch.
Mike :thumb: