spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Just received this email from Brakie's daughter:

This is maryanne Brakies daughter again. He just wanted me to let you know
that he is out of the hosptial and he is in a center getting work on his
hand that he can not use. He is going to be there at least six months so i
will keep you updated on him. If you have any question feel free to ask.

The good news is he is on the mend. The not so good news is that it sounds like it will be quite a while before he is back posting with us again.

Get well soon Brakie!!! We all miss you friend!!!!!!!

Val

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Is it possible to do an online "get well card" for Brakie here at the Gauge, put it up on the Gauge for a specific time period and all of us could sign it. Then someone who live nearby, print it out and deliver it to him from us?

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Great new on Brakie, its now down to his determination to get well, and as for the E-get well card I agree its a good, no great idea. And thanks Val for keeping us all posted, send them my bets wishes...have a good one..steve

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
To the one under the boxcar,:D (Siderod),:rolleyes:

Brakie had a hart attack :cry: a while back and was in hospital, :( he has recoverd enough to be released from the hospital now but still need treatment to hopfuly fully recover,:thumb: Val(spitfire) is in contact with his daughter,(Marryanne):wave: through E-mail, and is keeping her posted and Val in turn is keeping us posted. :thumb: I hope this has shined a little light under that boxcar of your`s mate, :rolleyes: and caught you up to date with the rest of us...have a good one..steve:D :D :D :D :D

Steve,

Finally, i found my switching lantern and climbed out from under the car...a little muddy, but none the worse for wear.

Poor guy, he's lucky he got out as fast as he did. My grandfather was in for a month after his heart attack, at which time he ended up having a triple-bypass.

Val, send brakie my condolances and wish him a fast recovery, and best wishes to his family.
Later
AR

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
From what Maryanne has said Brakie's heart attack must have been very serious for him to have to go through with all he has to do so far. I certainly wish him well on his slow road to recovery

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Russ Bellinis said:
Is it possible to do an online "get well card" for Brakie here at the Gauge, put it up on the Gauge for a specific time period and all of us could sign it. Then someone who live nearby, print it out and deliver it to him from us?

Russ...... It seems that this idea was a great one!!!! :) :) :) Thanks!!!!!!! :) :)