Up the Creek - without a paddle

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thought you might like to see how far I have got so far from the original.
Shamus

Attachments

• mess1.jpg
    mess1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 157
Shamus -

Just curious, but how high is your track above the ground? I am still planning mine, and due to the need for portability, I am using folding sawhorses to support it. This would get it about 2 1/2 to 3' above the ground. Not too much as far as realism, but it'll have to do. Thanks!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi BDC,
My Ground Zero is 3', I like to sit on a chair and view it at eye level.
BTW- using folding sawhorses to support it is not too bad, make sure you brace it between the supports, once the height is achieved. Stop it from opening.
Shamus

OK - I have read in several articles how placing the track at shoulder level promotes the most realism. Nice for viewing operations, but it has to be a bit ticklish when fixing a derailed train. Besides, mounting track like that is number 45 in the book "101 Ways to Annoy Your Apartment's Landlord." Guess if I can't bring the track to me, I'll bring me to the track.

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
Just curious Shamus, That gaping hole where the waterfall used to be in the foreground, does that mean the waterfall lives on? I would think the time required to produce convincing water would prompt salvage, but maybe it is easier for you.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi YakkoWarner

No the waterfall has gone, that plywood was just the base for it.

Shamus