UP SD40-2's Weatherings

Discussion in 'Weathering Forum' started by UP SD40-2, Jun 6, 2007.

1. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

I am starting THIS NEW thread on my weathered engines & freight cars, after the move i lost many pics on my old weathering thread so i couldn't update it, NO PROBLEM THOUGH:thumb: , i will retake pics of the stuff i don't have pics of now, and update as i do them:thumb:.

i thought about posting all the pics i currently have of my weatherings in this thread, but after some thought it just don't make sense to post the same pics twice:winki: , i already have a folder in the NEW Gallery just for my weathered engines & freight cars:thumb: , you can view them here: UP SD40-2's weathering - Hobby Photo Gallery - Zealot.com :smilie: . Just click on the thumb to make the pic bigger, if you click on the bigger pic, it will become larger and more clearer, JUST LIKE the picture below:thumb: .

As i mentioned, i have MANY MORE weathered freight cars, and i will be posting those in the Gallery as soon as i can find some time to take pics of them:winki: :119: .

Comments ARE WELCOME:winki: , and PLEASE post them RIGHT HERE in THIS thread:smilie: . i hope you enjoy the pics:smilie: . THANK YOU!, :deano: -Deano
    [​IMG]
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Deano, that is truely AMZING WEATHERING on that patched SP!!!!! I love seeing this one in your pics because it just looks so dang REALISTIC!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yay a new thread and NEW pics of your weathering!! Im exited lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  3. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

announce1Deano - if you post one more picture of a real diesel UP patch unit and try to pass it off as your weathering, I'm gunna tell the moderator. Hey, wait a minute, you ARE a moderator. Well you can just put yourself on report Mister. I'd say about 100 pushups will work this infraction off. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

(Just kidding of course...great work, really great work. Feel free to do the pushups anyway if you'd like to.) :mrgreen:
  4. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Sweet, great job! When you gonna add a D&RGW patch?
  5. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Deano...
    That's the way to start the thread!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Great work, my friend!:winker:
  6. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Josh M. & Steve:wav: , THANK YOU!:smilie: , you guys are always VERY KIND:winki: :smilie: .

Herc, THANK YOU for the GREAT complement:smilie: . 100 PUSH UPS!:eeki: CRIPES Herc(lights a cigarette), i doubt i can do ten these days:119: :oops:.

Hey Josh, :mrgreen:...........
    [​IMG]
    THANKS! :deano: -Deano
  7. TruckLover

**Sits in my chair and drools**

Deano, that is another AMAZING LOOKING engine. I love the patched D&RGW!!! Black and Orange just look SWEET :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumb:
  8. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

THANKS JOSH!:mrgreen: That ex-Rio Grande IS one of my favorite engines:thumb: .

Here are a few "teasers" from my weathering folder in the Gallery:winki: .
    :deano: -Deano
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. TruckLover

AWESOME!!!! thats all I can say :thumb: :mrgreen: :thumb: :thumb:

My favs are the 2nd UP 55' Centerflow, Rock boxcar, and the Railbox boxcar!!
  10. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Deano, great idea to start this thread – I get a lot of inspiration from it. I love your patched engines and your Rock Island car really rocks :thumb::thumb: I was at my LHS today and got two Athearn 50' Railbox cars. I want to weather them tomorrow, hope they turn out as nice as yours.:oops:
  11. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice work, Dean! :thumb::thumb: I especially like the Rio Grande diesel and the SP boxcar, but they all look good!!

Wayne
  12. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Josh, Kurt & Wayne:wav: , THANK YOU guys:mrgreen: , for the VERY KIND words:smilie: .

**I'm not going to post anymore on here from my weathering folder in the Gallery:eeki: , but as i add pics to it, i will post 'em HERE first:thumb: .
    again, THANK YOU!:smilie: :deano: -Deano
  13. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

great work as usual, my friend!!
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming weathering:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  14. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

THANK YOU Steve!:smilie: as ALWAYS, YOU are way to kind:winki: :smilie: .

heres my NEWEST finished project:winki: . i bought a regular Centralia Shops UP CA3 caboose, i changed it to a "pool" caboose with a slogan on it, and weathered it:thumb: . here are the before and after shots:smilie: .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Great job as usual Deano!!! that will look sweet on the end of any train.

Keep it up Buddy:thumb::winker:
  16. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

A big improvement, Dean!! :thumb::thumb: I like those trucks, too: they look to be almost similar to some passenger car trucks, although with a shorter wheelbase.

Wayne
  17. TruckLover

WOW Deano, that is an AWESOME looking caboose!!! :mrgreen: :thumb:

I like that catchy slogan to :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen:
  18. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Steve & Josh:wav: , THANK YOU!:smilie: (as always:winki: )For the GREAT complements:smilie: .

Wayne, THANK YOU!, coming from YOU, that REALLY means a lot:winki: :smilie: . i thought the trucks on that caboose was neat, your right, almost like passenger trucks:winki: . hard to tell, but i weathered the trucks and underside...one of these days i will get my lighting right so you can see that stuff better:oops: .

Charlie:wav: , WOW!!:eeki: , THANK YOU! for the VERY KIND words:oops: :smilie: .
    One of the MANY reasons i like the Gauge you have stated above, on MANY other forums you will find those quick to judge ones work, HERE you really don't find that:winki: . i see it like this, NONE of us were born AWESOME modelers:roller: , it is something learned, and the BEST modelers NEVER stop learning:winki: . to put down someones work is just slap wrong:eeki: , you have to consider a couple things, they could be just starting out, or perhaps they are not aware of some things that could help them, possibly they see things a little different then you might, OR who knows, but i will tell you this, you can darn sure bet EVRYONE is putting their 110% into their work, and hopefully having fun doing it:thumb: ...isnt that all that REALLY counts:winki: .
    i don't care who you are, or how good you think you are, there is ALWAYS(let me repeat that)...ALWAYS someone out there better then you:winki: .
    Encouragement, and KIND words of help passed on to others NEVER killed ANYONE:winki: . i have been lucky enough to have had tips from some of the GREATS:worship: passed on to me, some of their advice i have taken:winki: ....some i haven't:eek::oops::119: , but the bottom line is, as long as YOU/I are happy and having fun doing it, THATS ALL THAT COUNTS:thumb: .
    [​IMG]
  19. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

I could not agree more!!!:thumb:
    I would also add that the non-arrogant way in which the very best modelers here on The Gauge present their work, makes those of us who lack experience and skills, more comfortable in sharing our work without feeling that it is not "good enough". I don't need to mention names...we all know who the best modelers are....without exception, you guys share, encourage and teach with respect, and keep in mind where we are all at as modelers.