Up off the ground!

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
I decided to give my back a break and get this project off the ground....literally. Im stil confined to this apartment living room....so, Im willing to sacrafice all the space in the living room. I told my fiancee last night "Just think of it as a giant cofee table" (I neglected tell her it was a cofee table that we could not put any food or drinks on)

up1.jpg

up2.jpg

Track is complete, although im adding the bridge tonight. Now if only that transformer I bought on ebay would hury up and get here I could run this new engine!!! (IHC 2-10-2 steamer)

But it sure beats workin on the ground like I have been the last month!

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
jim currie said:
make a cover that will sit over the layout and she will have her table :)

I would...But since we dont yet live together, im gonna enjoy it while it lasts. Lord knows this will be the first and last time I will be allowed to have a MRR in my living room. Better enjoy the bachelor padd while it lasts.

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
As of now im confined to the 4X8. After we get married next year we are probably going to live in an apartment for at least a couple years...or until kids come along. Then we will buy a house and she has allready promised me the basement or attic for my trains. :)

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Or, she may just catch the MRR bug!sign1

When I first met my wife, I thought she would figure I'm nuts for building models. She got into it and our Model Making nights started. She's asked me to build an O scale display to go with the garden she's planning so, this will be a new challenge for me. (I do most of my work in HO). Can we say "Fun"?:D

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Well, she ran it around the track herself for the firt time last night. She was smiling the whole time! And I have to say, she did look pretty darn sexy in that engineer hat! Hopefully she will catch the bug!