UP had a safty ride and I got the pics 2

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by who_dat73, Jun 16, 2007.

1. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

UP had another Operation Life saver Ride this Wed. No cab ride this time but a real nice setup to look at and ride just the same :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

i cant wait to see the pics!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    :deano: -Deano
  3. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

more pics

Didn't get a lot of indoor shots since they were on a tight sched. and kinda hustled us along but it was a nice ride. They put us in the dome. The pic with the lady and the litle girl is my wife and daughter the little one loves to look at trains with dad while the wife not at all but had to admit it was neat after it was all over and done with.
    first time I have been up close and personal with a E. unit. It was a A B unit on both ends so the didnt have to turn it around at the end of the trip just walk to the other end and head back after about a hour ride ....

Attached Files:

4. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

after I get the film developed I will have some more pics these I just snapped off with the digi so I would have somthing to post right away
  5. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

WOW!!!:eeki: I would have loved to ride on that train!:mrgreen:
    GREAT SHOTS!!!:thumb: THANK YOU for posting them:thumb: :mrgreen: .
    :deano: -Deano
  6. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

When I first saw some other shots of this train, I definitely found it interesting. I had thought I didn't like the look of double-ended passenger trains, but that's because I usually associate that with TGV, Eurostar, Shinkansen, Acela and the like. The only passenger trains I find really aesthetic are the diesel streamliners, and now I realize that setting one up as a double-ended consist makes an interesting "what-if". The only flaw is that observation car in the middle of the consist.

I also never noticed that UP E9s had the model designation on the cab side like Burlington engines.
  7. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

I agee with you there the Obs. can does look very out of place sitting in there