up date on my boy

ezdays

Out AZ way
You can count on us for whatever support you, your son and the rest of the family needs. You have our prayers, and if words are of any comfort, you have those as well. It's a pity that someone that young has to struggle that hard for a chance at life. We wish you all the best.

Russ Bellinis

Scooby, I read your latest update this morning, and was left speachless. I still don't know what to say in the face of such news, but I want you to know that I'm with everyone else on the Gauge praying for your little guy.

shaygetz

I'm stunned at the news with so many good reports coming there for awhile. With a 4 year old boy of my own, I couldn't imagine dealing with a DNR order. My earnest prayers are with you and yours.

RailRon

Scooby, I am deeply touched by the bad news about your situation. Since English isn't my native language, it is hard to express my feelings. But be assured that I am feeling the deepest sympathy for you, your family and most of all, for the brave, little boy.

There are situations where it is not ours to decide what will happen. I wish you all the strength and the faith to accept the outcome of this ordeal.

Ron

Gil Finn

Since I lost two close freinds, the last my pastor and pal this winter I try to stay off these threads but I cant.

IT breaks my heart to read of these developements and I wish you wonderful things.

I will pray for you all as I drive to work. I will skip my usual donut this moring as I drive and concentrate on your boy. God feels your pain, he had a son also.

don't feel so bad milesalot of poeple don't know what an D.N.R order is

for the people who don't know about a D.N.R

well a D.N.R order it and order of no med treatment if the heart stops

that means no C.P.R

no drugs that are used to re start the heart like eprnifern, dopeamean and others

no breathing machine

no use of the pattles

and any other orders that are writen on it .

With and D.N.R order they will still treat you for medical problems but if something happens where the order will fall in to play the order will come frist and all other treatment is not done.

this is a little info on a D.N.R order.

but on another note my boy is doing better just enoff to leave the i.c.u floor and go to a reg room. but he is under the eye of the dr and if any change for the bad back to the i.c.u floor. he is in alot of pain they are still giving him 3 pain meds for it .and non of the dr's knows what it is from. me and his mother wentandstarted on thing for thatday yesterday and we go to day with my mom to pick out the head stone weare going to get it done with nemo and daorie on one side and the tank gang on the other that is his fave thing the movie finding nemo. this is the hard work we are doing. i has told my wife i am sending keegen with my fav loco my brass 4-8-4 bigboy with tender she bought me that loco when she found out she was havine keegen and gave it to me with the frist pics from the dr and he loved to see that loco roll bye . well all i will post more later and hope he keeps doing good and can hang in for 4 more weeks then his little brother will be here.

MilesWestern

D.N.R.... jawdrop I can't believe an acronym can have such deeply sad meanings bestowed upon them. :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :(

L

lester perry

Scooby, This is the third time I have tried to write you. I am & will keep your son in my prayers. Also you and your wife.
Les

well guys still no chane in his medical we have a meeting tuseday to see about having him brought home . here is a little somthing i thought you all would like to read these are somthing i been working on over the months.

Heaven's Very Special Child

A meeting was held quite far from earth,
"It's time again for another birth."
Said the Angels to the Lord above,
"This special child will need much love."
His progress may seem very slow,
Accomplishments he may not show;
And he'll require extra care
From the folks he meets down there.
He may not run or laugh or play.
His thoughts may seem quite far away.
In many ways he won't adapt,
And he'll be known as handicapped.
So let's be careful where he's sent;
We want his life to be content.
Please, Lord, find the Parents who
Will do a special job for You.
They will not realize it right away
The leading role they're asked to play.
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love.
And soon they'll know the privilege given
In caring for this gift from heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild
Is Heaven's Very Special Child.

I Am the Child

I am the child who cannot talk.
You often pity me, I see it in your eyes.
You wonder how much I am aware of - I see that as well.
I am aware of much - whether you are happy or sad or fearful,
patient or impatient, full of love and desire,
or if you are just doing your duty by me.
I marvel at your frustration, knowing mine to be far greater,
for I cannot express myself or my needs as you do.

You cannot conceive my isolation, so complete it is at times.
I do not gift you with clever conversation, cute remarks to be laughed over and repeated.
I do not give you answers to your everyday questions, responses over my well-being, sharing my needs, or comments about the world about me.
I do not give you rewards as defined by the world's standards -
great strides in development that you can credit yourself.
I do not give you understanding as you know it.

What I give you is so much more valuable - I give you instead opportunities.
Opportunities to discover the depth of your character, not mine;
the depth of your love, your commitment, your patience, your abilities;
the opportunity to explore your spirit more deeply than you imagined possible.
I drive you further than you would ever go on your own,
working harder, seeking answers to your many questions with no answers.
I am the child who cannot talk.

I am the child who cannot walk.
The world seems to pass me by.
You see the longing in my eyes to get out of this chair,
to run and play like other children.
There is much you take for granted.
I want the toys on the shelf, I need to go to the bathroom, oh I've dropped my fork again.
I am dependant on you in these ways.
My gift to you is to make you more aware of your great fortune,
your healthy back and legs, your ability to do for yourself.
Sometimes people appear not to notice me; I always notice them.
I feel not so much envy as desire, desire to stand upright,
to put one foot in front of the other, to be independent.
I give you awareness.
I am the child who cannot walk.

I am the child who is mentally impaired.
I don't learn easily, if you judge me by the world's measuring stick,
what I do know is infinite joy in simple things.
I am not burdened as you are with the strifes and conflicts of a more complicated life.
My gift to you is to grant you the freedom to enjoy things as a child,
to teach you how much your arms around me mean,
to give you love.
I give you the gift of simplicity.
I am the child who is mentally impaired.

I am the disabled child.
I am your teacher.
If you allow me, I will teach you what is really important in life.
I will give you and teach you unconditional love.
I gift you with my innocent trust, my dependency upon you.
I teach you about how precious this life is and about not taking things for granted.
I teach you about forgetting your own needs and desires and dreams.
I teach you giving.
Most of all I teach you hope and faith.
I am the disabled child.

steamhead

Scooby,

My heart & prayers go out to you and your family. This is indeed a sad turn of events. Rest assured that if his time comes, he will be one of the few that, though many may rest in His Presence, he will touch the face of God.

Gus (LC&P).

interurban

Thankyou so much for sharing your "Heaven`s very Special Child"

As I and my family are giving my dear wife palliative care at home , she (Susan) is my special child so to speak.

Thanks .
Praying always.
Chris.

even tho i hardly know you only thru here reading your heart felt mesages my heart/jaw just hit the floor. even tho there is not much i can do i offer my thoughts and prayers to you and your wife esp your son:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

well guys we had a meeting with all the dr's yesterday. and they also pulled out his line to see if they can get rid of the infection. they told us if the test come back showing neg when they test him in three days they will put it back in. if not they will wait three more days. they told us that when he shows neg they will let him come home in 7 days and then hospice will come in. they are only telling us that this trip has did alot of damage and they don't know how much. right now we just want him home but until he shows neg they are not going to let him come home. well guys i thought i would update you all and i will chat later

Scooby, I just found this thread this morning, and am deeply saddened by what you and your family must be going through. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Though we may not see it, I truly believe that miracles happen all around us every day.