unusual layout

My crew and I reached the top of the layout. I can now run a train without stopping and turning it around. I still have to design the second yard but the needed switches are in place to get into the yard area. The main line is finally finished. I have a few sidings to put track down for and the whole yard to build still.
april20024jt.jpg

april20069ld.jpg

N

nachoman

HAHA, you have 19 scale miles of mainline, and i have about 1/4 a mile. What an interesting idea; I love it. With 19 miles at a scale 40mph, that means it takes around 1/2 an hour to get around?

kevin

Here are some pictures of the rest of the layout.
42050013bk.jpg

42050027zk.jpg

42050037ys.jpg

42050079dy.jpg

42050095bt.jpg

42050105su.jpg

The top shelf of the layout is going to have 3 sidings with industries. One of the sidings is going to be an oil refinary, one is going to be a loading area for cattle with the ranch near by, and the last is going to be a factory. That would cover the different type of cars that I have on the layout.

I just finished the roundhouse for the first level yard. I built this from plastic sticks and sheets not kit. I had to many changes to make if I used the kit.
Here is a picture from above.
roundhousefinished0072hd.jpg

The track that the train is on is the reason I did not use a kit.
roundhousefinished0103yc.jpg

roundhousefinished0171ew.jpg

I had to build around the tracks that were there already.
roundhousefinished0160hy.jpg

spitfire

Man you sure have been busy!!!!! You're going to be giving Robin a run for his money, that's for sure!!! Good work!! :thumb:

Val

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
who doesn't like mountain dew? there some advertiseing right there:rolleyes:, lol

thats a very neat idea for a layout. its so simple... i wish i had thought of that!

I started a new scene for the layout on Friday. I was hoping to have it finished buy the end of the weekend does not look like I would make it. Here is the pictures from begining starting on Friday.
im0044702kt.jpg

im0044762wo.jpg

im0044913bo.jpg

im0045052an.jpg

im0045228qp.jpg

im0045238ym.jpg

im0045266pu.jpg

im0045275pa.jpg

I still have to add trees, one bridge and the animals and hobos to complete the scene. I will try to have that finished on Monday night.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
There is always something new here and it is a pleasure to come and see what's happening. A real neat railroad trains1972

I finished the scene this morning. Here are pictures of the finished scene.

The animals that I put in and the hobos camp.
im0045719ba.jpg

im0045700ek.jpg

im0045605gn.jpg

im0045637bv.jpg

Then I added the trees to finish it off.
im0045494tw.jpg

im0045476he.jpg

im0045516rq.jpg

Here are some pictures of the over all layout the bottom layer is almost done. I have a lot of unfinished scenes that I am waiting for somethings for and one open scene still. There are two more layers that have not been touched yet. And the soda bottles in the one picture is filled with water and some mixed paints the bottles make good storage for liquid stuff.
im0045521su.jpg

im0045535zw.jpg

im0045546pm.jpg

I had a change of plans for the top level of the layout. Instead of having 8 different scenes there I am having one big one that would take up all three shelves. I am putting in an amusement park. I started designing a roller coaster to scratch build for the park. My son is going to work on a scene this weekend so I should have updates on the layout. It is going to take me a while to build the coaster and I might not get to work on much of anything else.