Unusual Bridge

shamus

Registered Member
I have just finished scratchbuilding this most unusual bridge. The original bridge was made by the "Sound Timber Company" to cross the Sauk River .

Shamus
0n30bridge.jpg

Drew1125

Looks perfect, Shamus!
Just like a bridge a logging co. would build!
I love all the rope ties & strapping!
Beautiful work, ny friend!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

camelot

Very Nice Paul , simple and cost effective , i imagine for a logging company that would be the idea.

I like the logging caboose as well , did you scatch that as well ?

gee i would love to see this layout when its finished.
SL&NGG !

:D

cheers

Ian

jim currie

shamus

another fine model as said built in true logging way,what do you use for logs it looks good. every time you post a pic it makes me want to abandoned 40 years of ho for o.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Oh, that IS nice!
By the way, did you ask about removing the shay cab so you could do the same with it as you did with the porter? That should be very neat to see.
Pete

Clerk

Like you said Paul. Unuaual bridge, but I love it. Almost brings me back to nature. Like Tyson said, I like the outhouse on the end of the train.

shamus

Registered Member
Thanks kind people, "Outhouse on wheels" Hmmm, and I thought it was a Porters loo on wheels.LOL

Pete,
Yes, I am going to re-do the shay, but make a wood surround all round it.

shamus

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Now this is a very interesting project Paul. I imagine this type of bridge didn't have a long life as the loggers had to keep moving to new ground. An easy one to take apart and reassemble where needed next.