Unknown model

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Yep, it seems so. It is a commercial model which comes as a printed book. Just google for "Space Pirate Captain Harlock papercraft book" to know more.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
There are enough models out there available, and free, this constant looking for obscure or un-obtainable is getting tiring! Lear how to design, then you won't have to ask!

bobw63

Mar 10, 2012
The ship name is the Arcadia. It is published by Wani Magazine. Not normally stocked but you can back-order it. The same company printed the Space Cruiser Yamato which I am currently struggling with at my first attempts at seams without overlaps - lol. If I were going to order it today I would use HobbyLink Japan. Today's exchange rate would put it at $22.68.

Or you could learn to design it yourself. Feeling the love ....

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's not a bad price, all things considered, oh wait, that may not include duty tax, shipping and handling (shaping it into a hardly usable tube). It could end up costing $28,000 dollars!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Reddwarf, I am not trying to be mean, it's just that since I read every post on this forum, I can't help notice you always asking for stuff. That's why my response was such as it was.
there aereso many models already available, have you tried
Psper- Replika, he has models of every thing. Or Papermau?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The ship name is the Arcadia. It is published by Wani Magazine. Not normally stocked but you can back-order it. The same company printed the Space Cruiser Yamato which I am currently struggling with at my first attempts at seams without overlaps - lol. If I were going to order it today I would use HobbyLink Japan. Today's exchange rate would put it at $22.68.

Or you could learn to design it yourself. Feeling the love ....

Good Find!....I feel the love! :mooner:

Reactions: bobw63

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I have seen a bunch of those yamamoto types available. you might just google star blazers paper models and see what you can get.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Reddwarf, I found some excellent models at the link below that might satisfy your urge. I believe some are HALO. :)

http://www.darkride.h1.ru/?p_model_m

web_ico_frigat.jpg

web_ico_cruizer.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Reactions: reddwarf

reddwarf

Jun 27, 2014
Riverland South Australia Australia
My original question was a simple request about where to find this model, I didn't think I was breaking any forum rules. I don't have the ability to design my own paper models or the software. I have contributed some of my builds, and have downloaded a few to build later. I didn't think I was all ways asking for things, I thought that's how you learn and or pick up where to get other items. I have started recording my build of the Rodger Young which I was going to start uploading soon. I have only just got into paper models, spent most of my life doing plastic, so all me questions related to learning or finding models I liked. I was always after large scale as my old hands don't work well with too small an item. Again I thank all that have helped me with finding some of the models I wanted.. And thank you for the links, they wouldn't work at first but do now.

Last edited:
Reactions: zathros

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You are right. I think I took your questions wrong. I wish to apologize to you for that. I apologize, and do so in public, as I wrongly chastised you in public.

You have show your intentions are within the scope of what this forum wishes and wants from it's members. We have people who join and post "Gimme Gimme Gimme" posts, and after two months, attempt to raid our whole "Resource" section. I discourage this, and will boot people who download models, and never post any kind of build. I know of some who cannot, and like to look at what other are doing, and that is fine. We just don't want leeches. Just making comments in posts that show a person has really read that post, and is commenting intelligently to what they have read is enough. I think you know what I mean. I hope to see your builds and continued contributions, Sincerely. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Great! I downloaded that model, it seems like it should be a pretty nice one. I'd love to see a build thread if you choose to build it. It took me around 45 minutes o find it, deep in the heart of Russia, you have to run really good anti-virus software when hunting like that. I don't recommend it for most. I had a dedicated hard drive to which I download the model, then scan it there. I run Norton 360 on all 4 of my computers. I have been able to get some model, as Norton was able to remove the "virus" without touching the model. :)