Union Pacific Modelers...

Man i didnt want too but i was tired of looking at the same thing over and over again, trust me it took me two weeks fighting myself on WEATHER or not to weather my katos, yes i even weathered my P42!
but i am glad i did it, finger prints and all, stupid oil pastels.....

here are some pics of my newly weathered SD70M

106_1392.jpg

106_1394.jpg

106_1393.jpg

very nice job. your handrails lose all the white paint because of all the weathering? :mrgreen:

steamhead

Oil pastels have fingerprints...?? I don't see any on those great looking locos...
I use oil pastels for weathering...I ALWAYS keep one hand free of the pastels so I can handle the piece without leaving behind my ID's....

I may have put these here before but Im too lazy to go check. Anyways, this is my baby. Its my SD90MACII Brass locomotive. I am currently stripping a bunch of engines, super detailing them, and painting them in the CSX YN3 Dark Future scheme. Im wondering if I should do that to this baby. I know CSX has no 90s, only 80s. So it would be a "fantasy" scheme. What do yall think?

Attachments

• upedit1.JPG
    upedit1.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 0824072332.jpg
    0824072332.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 3

UP SD40-2

I may have put these here before but Im too lazy to go check. Anyways, this is my baby. Its my SD90MACII Brass locomotive. I am currently stripping a bunch of engines, super detailing them, and painting them in the CSX YN3 Dark Future scheme. Im wondering if I should do that to this baby. I know CSX has no 90s, only 80s. So it would be a "fantasy" scheme. What do yall think?
Hmm...what do i think...:rolleyes: .....I THINK IT WOULD BE A CRIME TO PAINT THAT ENGINE:eeki: , THATS WHAT I THINK!:eeki::eeki::eeki: for cripes sakes, if you want to ruin that BEAUTIFUL engine by putting ANYTHING other then UP colors on it, SELL IT TO ME!, I'll save it!:winki::mrgreen: (this is a UP thread, what kind of answer did you think you would get?:confused::winki: ).
:deano: -Deano

Hmm...what do i think...:rolleyes: .....I THINK IT WOULD BE A CRIME TO PAINT THAT ENGINE:eeki: , THATS WHAT I THINK!:eeki::eeki::eeki: for cripes sakes, if you want to ruin that BEAUTIFUL engine by putting ANYTHING other then UP colors on it, SELL IT TO ME!, I'll save it!:winki::mrgreen: (this is a UP thread, what kind of answer did you think you would get?:confused::winki: ).

lol somehow I knew thats what the first reaction would be. I am just joking Deano. I would not strip a brass engine. Sorry, I cannot sell this engine because it has sentimental value. My daddy bought me this engine :mrgreen:

UP SD40-2

lol somehow I knew thats what the first reaction would be. I am just joking Deano. I would not strip a brass engine. Sorry, I cannot sell this engine because it has sentimental value. My daddy bought me this engine :mrgreen:
BOY, am i glad you said that(SHEEW, wipes sweat from brow), i would really hate to see such a beautiful engine like that painted ANYTHING other then UP:winki: . now at least i can sleep tonight:mrgreen: .

SeriousSam, i have seen your work, and it really looks GREAT!, but i would have died if you painted that SPECTACULAR engine:winki: .

Here Here!
seriously my fingerprints can be found every where on that loco, thats the only part i dislike about N-scale, its too small. SOMETIMES, at least ;) so basically i weathered that engine with my fore finger, thats what explains the prints all over it oh and that was my first expirement with an expensive loco, should i try and weather my PCM E7 now?

BOY, am i glad you said that(SHEEW, wipes sweat from brow), i would really hate to see such a beautiful engine like that painted ANYTHING other then UP:winki: . now at least i can sleep tonight:mrgreen: .

SeriousSam, i have seen your work, and it really looks GREAT!, but i would have died if you painted that SPECTACULAR engine:winki: .

sign1

thanks Deano. once my Chameleon Paint stripper arrives, I will begin converting some of my engines. I do have a few UP engines that I will super detail and maybe re-paint, but will stay with UP colors.

hey, if UP was ever to change its colors, (like the KCS or SP or SF), what colors would their locos be? BEsides the traditional yellow, gray and red?

UP SD40-2

hey, if UP was ever to change its colors, (like the KCS or SP or SF), what colors would their locos be? BEsides the traditional yellow, gray and red?
SS:wav: , I SHUDDER JUST TO THINK OF SUCH A THOUGHT!!!:eeki::eeki::eeki: lets hope UP NEVER, NEVER, EVER, changes their color scheme:winki: .

hey, it may not be too bad. I mean, i really like the yellow and gray. but for example the ksc of mexico, they used the exact same as the kcs. then they came out with that colorful paint when the GEvos came out. it looks awesome.

UP SD40-2

sorry SS, but i am one that likes to uphold tradition, change is NOT GOOD in my eyes:winki: . it took me over a year just to start to get used to the yellow stripe on the bottom of there engines that has now replaced the red:eeki::madd::toug::119: . while some might like the thought of a change in their color scheme, I AM DEAD AGAINST IT!:eeki::cry: gosh forbid they would ever change it, but if they ever did, i WOULD NOT buy ANYMORE of there new engines, and would ONLY model them in the traditional red, yellow, gray paint scheme:winki: .

CNWman

CNW Fan
SS:wav: , I SHUDDER JUST TO THINK OF SUCH A THOUGHT!!!:eeki::eeki::eeki: lets hope UP NEVER, NEVER, EVER, changes their color scheme:winki: .

Actualy, I don't know if you allready know this, but UP colors were originaly Yellow, red, and BROWN. THey changed it some years back. Just a fun thought:p

UP SD40-2

Actualy, I don't know if you allready know this, but UP colors were originaly Yellow, red, and BROWN. THey changed it some years back. Just a fun thought:p
ACTUALLY CNWman, you are only "kinda right":toug: , the ONLY THING i can recall being those colors was the M1000:winki: . NO freight cars, passenger cars or engines were yellow red and brown other then the M1000. UP also had the "greyhound" paint scheme for passenger cars & passenger engines for awhile, but sometime in the 30's they went with the current colors, i hope they never change it.:thumb: