Union Pacific 4000 Series "Big Boy"

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by bugman72, Jul 16, 2006.

1. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

The Niagaras are so far out in my design queue that I really hadn't decided on a version yet. I guess it depends on my references. (Not sure if you'd call me an NYC junkie, I'm also a big fan of the other lines we had here in Western NY, like the LV, DL&W, the Erie, and their predecessors.) As for the Berk, NKP #765. I've got a number of the Hobbyline kits to use as reference and inspiration. I was considering a streamlined Hudson too. Just too many ideas and not enough time....:)

Scott K.
  2. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

The Niagaras are so far out in my design queue that I really hadn't decided on a version yet. I guess it depends on my references. (Not sure if you'd call me an NYC junkie, I'm also a big fan of the other lines we had here in Western NY, like the LV, DL&W, the Erie, and their predecessors.) As for the Berk, NKP #765. I've got a number of the Hobbyline kits to use as reference and inspiration. I was considering a streamlined Hudson too. Just too many ideas and not enough time....:)

Scott K.
  3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

....and there is little me, last week, out of the blue, buying a book by Ian Beattie with a collection of GWR loco drawings! Is there some kind of conspiracy going on here? Suddenly we are all looking at railways.....

Pendennis Castle, anyone? I just need some more details on the frames and running gear. Maybe have to take a trip to Didcot Museum!

Tim
  4. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

On a side note, which do you (anyone!) think is is better , Microsoft Train Simulator, or Trainz?
  5. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Scott,

There is a huge train over at the Train Museum in Scranton Pennsylvania, but I don't know if it's a Big Boy. It might be worthwhile to contact some of the train museums to see if they have pictures or plans that they could send you.
  6. patriot missile

patriot missile Member

between Trainz & train simulator?? your gonna get people say one is better then the other. they both are the same when u look at it, simulating train operations. fist hand both can bring you computer to its knees,most routes in train simulator are very very detailed , and in most activities your gonna haveAI trains coming at you and yards full of cars so that can slow your system down a bit, same thing with trainz . but with trainz im pretty sure you can view an entire train passing by like from a siding or any type of stop, and in train simulator you have a fly by view
    both are good simulators but i had train simulator the longest and the screen shots i take aint so bad . i got all of maple leaf tracks routes , the best ones beeing "kicking Horse Pass" and "Shuswamp sub" but for old fallen flags rail simming u have to get "bridge Line D&H" and the freelance "lehigh valley route" best route out there :) next to "conrail indy" . i am running right now Pacific Surfliner(AMTRACK/METROLINK/SP),Seligman Sub ( with BNSF/UP/CSX/SP)lehigh vally route ( RDG/CNJ/PENNSY/LV/NYC)and just to kill time between models running the NEC( ALL PRE AMTRACK PASSENGER TRAINS)
  7. johnflys2

johnflys2 Member

I am surprised I don't see the London & Port Stanley Railroad mentioned. It's a freebee and very well done. John
  8. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Thanks, Patriot Missile!
  9. kooklik

kooklik Member