Uncolored Models continued!

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Hi all,
I have started uploading all of my released models to the download resource area, I'll add to this thread as I upload more of them.

So far, I have uploaded the two scales versions of the USS Enterprise (TOS). These were designed using the wonderful AutoCAD drawings that Alan Sinclair has on his website (http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/wizardofflight/) and graciously allowed me to modify them to design the paper version. The smaller size in is 1:350 scale and can be printed on US 8.5 x 11 (or A4) size sheets. The larger size is 1:720 scale and is designed to be printed onto 11 x 17 sheets. The larger size was made for a friend's request so it does not have any of the fancy title lettering (or even my name on the sheets!) I have also uploaded assembly instructions that is applicable for two sizes.

If anyone re-paints/re-textures any of my models and would like to release downloadable versions, I hereby give full permission to do so. I only request two things:
1. The released recolors are to be available on a public forum/website for free. Please do not charge for the models or require a 'sign-up' fee. Let us know where to find the downloads.
2. Please leave all of the original artwork/drawings in place so they know that I designed the model. You are free to place credit for your work (you certainly deserve it!) anywhere you find room.

Please post pictures of your work (my or models designed by anyone else) for us to enjoy. I am really excited to see what you guys come up with and wholeheartedly support this project to provide uncolored models. To me, this is a unique blank canvas for you to really get creative and truly make the models your own. I wish the best for you all!

P.S. I just had a wild thought...what about a USAF Thunderbird version? USN Blue Angels? Canadian Snowbirds? FedEx? Ok, I'll stop!

To the good and betterment of our hobby,

Ron Caudillo

Staff member
Hi all,
For the USS Enterprise (TOS) 1:720 scale, I added page 9 back in; it is meant to be printed on the reverse of page 5. If you are just printing the while model and will just recolor or paint it after assembly, there is no need to print page 9, just be sure to add color to the back of the appropriate parts indicated in page 9.

Page 9 is only needed if you want to release a recolored version for others to download.

Apologies to those who have downloaded the model, I also found one of the parts still had color and it has been removed in this update.

Best Regards,

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@Ron Caudillo Thank you for spearheading this and making your models available for this project. That is VERY GENEROUS of you!!!

TO ALL: I will be adding B&W sub-categories to each category (as needed) so that these models with have a place of their own and that they will not be buried in with all of the rest.

ENJOY!!!

Ron Caudillo

Staff member
This is really great to see how well this has taken off. McGee, what a wonderful suggestion!

This will be a unique feature of Zealot and I hope it will generate a lot of interest here. I look forward to seeing much more!

Best Regards,

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
one advantage is that it saves ink on a 1st time build,
so you can rip out maybe 40/1 pages of a blank model on standard ink cartridges.

legal01

Hey Ron, was reading your terms for recolouring your models and must just tell you i did not keep the format for the designs that you used as that limited the space I needed to fit the upscaled parts. I have included in the design a marker to allow builders to confirm scale and the heading portion with the same details as included on your pages. Is that still alright or would you prefer it changed back?

Ron Caudillo

Staff member
Hey Ron, was reading your terms for recolouring your models and must just tell you i did not keep the format for the designs that you used as that limited the space I needed to fit the upscaled parts. I have included in the design a marker to allow builders to confirm scale and the heading portion with the same details as included on your pages. Is that still alright or would you prefer it changed back?
No problem. I'm good with what you have done with your released version; the important stuff if there. If you do any future recolors, then I would appreciate keeping the pages intact as I have requested. Thanks for checking with me and I look forward to any future work from you.

Best Regards,

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic Ron, still working on the "Name",................. " Creative Guide?" how does that sound? :)

Ron Caudillo

Staff member
Sounds great Zathros!

I apologize that I have not released any new uncolored versions of my designs, been REALLY busy for the past few weeks with work. I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.

Best Regards,

Ron Caudillo

Staff member
I have some new postings in the Resources area!

I have the uncolored version of my TOS Enterprise bridge:
http://zealot.com/resources/tos-enterprise-bridge-white.1343/

Here are the updated assembly instructions:
http://zealot.com/resources/assembly-manual-for-the-tos-enterprise-bridge.1344/

Here are some older models that I did for a guy named Mike Konshak who designed, built, and drove robots for the various TV show competitions that used to be really popular. I ended up designing 7 models for him, here are uncolored versions for 2 of them (more to come):
http://zealot.com/resources/agitator-battlebots-4-version-white.1341/

http://zealot.com/resources/agitator-battlebots-5-version-white.1342/

I'll keep working on uncolored versions of all of my designs and will be posting them and the colored versions (need a few updating first) in the Resources section as well.

Ron Caudillo

Staff member
I've just updated the TOS Enterprise and bridge models I've designed and uploaded, assembly manuals too. If you've downloaded them, get the latest updates!

I've also uploaded the original (colored) versions also.

Best Regards,

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
wagh! I'm trying to knock out all these printed models as fast as I can and I have been waiting to do the bridge for so long! thanks Ron!!

Ron Caudillo

Staff member
You're more than welcome! I've just uploaded a new 1:25 version of the Bridge to print onto 11 x 17 (A3) card stock. I'll do an uncolored version right away.

Best Regards,

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Ron, these uncolored models are just fantastic.

I would also like to say to every member: Before you do any alteration to anybody's work, check with the author FIRST! Checking after the "Cat is out of the bag" is too late. The author's may be forgiving, but as Administrator here, I may not be so. Just for the record. 'nuff said." :)

*This post is a general statement not directed to any person in this thread.

Ron Caudillo

Staff member
Ron, these uncolored models are just fantastic.

I would also like to say to every member: Before you do any alteration to anybody's work, check with the author FIRST! Checking after the "Cat is out of the bag" is too late. The author's may be forgiving, but as Administrator here, I may not be so. Just for the record. 'nuff said." :)

*This post is a general statement not directed to any person in this thread.

Thanks for your usual looking out for us; I tend to not think about this kind of things, too trusting I guess. I appreciate your diligence!

Best Regards,