Unbeleivable

Gary Pfeil

I was looking thru the November RMC, in the new products section. Con Cor is coming out with Galloping Goose #5. They will make HOn3 and standard gauge as well. Now, I can see making it in standard gauge, a lot of folk (including Shamus) model narrow gauge or logging lines in standard gauge. And I can see offering undecorated as well as RGS, so freelancers can letter for their road. But Con Cor has gone way beyond that! Roads to be released include the New York Central! Gee, I've always wanted one of those (to go with the lightning striped GG1) Unfortunately, the article doesn't specify whether the goose will be done in lightning stripes or cigar band scheme, so I'll have to wait and see, I wouldn't want to get one in the wrong scheme! And the kicker: List price $169.98! Now for that price you would expect that Con Cor had found religion (as I've heard it put) just like Life Like and Bachmann. Now, I have no idea about the quality of this model, but the roadnames being released don't offer much cause for optimism. Other roads mentioned: Pennsy (shadow keystone?) Santa Fe (well, right half of the country) GN. UP and SP. Oye!

Gary

Drew1125

Hey Gary...
How about a tuscan Pennsy goose with the Broadway Limited drumhead on the back? (for when ticket sales are down) :D
Or how about a goose in a warbonnet? :D

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Gary,
Thats great news about the goose, are there any photo's of it yet, love to see one.
Shamus

Vic

Con-Cor Web Site

www.all-railroads.com

I've already seen this goose discounted at Caboose Hobbies on a pre-order. I suspect that the price goes down as the dicounter's get hold of it. Actually @ $169 its a bargain if its any good as one in brass would start around $400.

They ought to be ashamed of some of those road names....a blasphamy and a sacriledge:eek: :D :D :D :p

C

Catt

C'mon guys,look at the bright side of this. Someone is actually making an affordable Galloping Goose in HO. Now if someone would do an O scale version :D :D

marty w.

Wait until it's on e-bay.
RARE! RARE! New York Central Galloping Goose.
The seller would get 300.00- 400.00.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's a fact.
Marty